aftermath(1/2)

It's been 2 weeks since the incident. I went back to my normal routine, going to college, finish the assignments before going to work and practicing my painting skills after work. Of course, none has made me relaxed more than painting, but recently, my variety increased thanks to my seniors who accepted my request of teaching me other painting artstyles.

It was time to go, our professor gave us final words before letting us go. "I hope you all do your revision during this half year break." Said Mr Davies, who's our tutor and our lecturer of art history. "You might have assessment after the break but fear not, I will go easy on you but I don't want to see any of you wasted all your holiday having fun without any progress. Alright, off you go and have a nice holiday."

"Hey, want to go to the gym? It's holiday and we should cherish all the fun we had" one of my classmate, Morris, asked me to join him. He and I went to gym in every weekend but usually during my working days, I reject his request all the time. "Nah man, I have to work. Perhaps next time?"

"Sure, see ya" we both part ways and I headed to the museum. Again, another usual working routine for me as an archivist, filing up paperworks, examining the architecture arrived and most importantly, maintain the quality of all treasures by cleaning them all properly. At 10pm, the boss curator, Albert Castillo, called all his fellow workers for an important announcement.

"I congratulate you for displaying such incredible job on your duties. As such, I have finally come up to my decision." Everyone muttered to each other discussing what announcement he wanted to make. I kept silent and listened carefully. "I award all of you 4 weeks break!" Everyone was shocked, the result was too unexpected to believe.

"I am sure you all will ponder the reason why I gave such questionable decision for you all but this is for your own good." He continued "I had witnessed every progress you've made, ever since the founding of this museum, it has maintained one vision that all museums shall follow: preserve all history for the sake of generations and beyond."

"And you did a great job achieving it. Therefore, I shall reward you with something you deserved to have." Said the curator looking at me. "And I'm sure some has suffered some health issues during their duty period so perhaps it is also a great opportunity for them to recover."

"You are still allow to enter the museum, but as both a visitor and an employee. Now, our work here is done, I wished you a very good day." All of my colleagues cheered and prepared to go home. I walked to him with confusion. "I.... I don't think..."

"It's specially for all my fellow employees including you, who had put so much effort on every architectures, Thomas." Said Albert pat on my shoulder. "Time to have a break, sonny, you deserved one."

I tidied up my workplace and set up my way back to my apartment. My German shepherd, Lycanos, dashed to me happily while wagging its tail. "Hey there boy! How you doing?" I ruffled on his fur and gave it a dog snack. After that, I headed to the kitchen and prepared some instant noodles as supper. Yet none was enjoyable than looking at all the paintings I painted. From recreation of all Bob Ross's paintings to the painting of nature sightings from all around the world. Well, needless to say, I slept in an instance due to all the tiredness and stress I have from doing assignments and the job itself.

It seems that I was transported to my dreamworld, or was I, as i found myself lying on a pavement at a forest after I woke up. The pavement lead me to somewhere where the sun illuminated the entire place besides the forest while the path behind me lead me to something looked like a hybrid of a large mansion and an art studio building. I followed the light and ended up arrived at a beach. A blank canvas was set at the easel along with all the equipment and brushes standing by, in which I examined carefully. All in a good condition, no sign of contact and disturbance. Without wasting anytime, I grabbed the brushes and palette and started to paint the very first picture I painted when I first learned how to Paint