2K special: Author's FAQ

Hello, Jacob here. As promised, i will released a list if FAQs regarding on this fanfics. I hope the answer given satisfy you all and as well as enjoy the story more. Well then, here we go!

1) Is there any reason that attracted you playing Death Palette/Matsuro Palette?
This will take back to 2020, due the pandemic lockdown in my country(Im Malaysian btw), I was starting to get bored a few weeks later. I was scrolling my screen across Youtube until ManlyBadassHero's video showed up in my recommendation feed. Surprisingly, he played that game. Too bad i didn't finished the video 'cause it would be spoilers for those who wished to try the game.

And that's how i got hooked up by this game. Power of media influence, son!

2) is there any significant difference between the fanfic and the game?

Since this is a rewrite of the official game, there would be not much different from the game beside the dialogues. Also, the fanfic itself is written based on the perspective of the players. Since this game has less popularity, which is quite sad this masterpiece is excellent, i decided to write it with mine.

But the big deal is in fact on the protagonist. In the offcial game, the protagonist is silent in order for us players to imagine extra dialogues and be more interactive with the game. The fanfic,however, do voiced out the player's perspective so the protagonist had become a little bit chattier. The girl also had a bit change in the "aftermath" chapter, she became way softer than how she is in later chapter of the game, more like an elder sister in genuine.

3) do you compare yourself with the protagonist in your fanfic?

I don't do that much at first as he is the personification of me voicing my perspective. However, looking back to it, he was actually my polar opposite when it comes to art. Unlike Thomas, I absolutely sucked at it. My art subject usually ended with an F in my entire school year.

But you can't just simply write the protagonist without remaining his original component right? So in order to fit in, I watched a lot of painting videos(thanks Bob Ross) and googled the shades of colour, the types of painting equipments and brushes, and techniques.

4) why did you write an aftermath despite the game ended at the epilogue?

There is one thing i noticed is that the story ended with a finishing end but it contains the component of a cliffhanger, meaning that the game might have a sequel or DLCs in the future updates. This leaves players to imagine what happened to both the players and the painting after the story.

Some say the painter did fullfil the promise and display the painting in a dark area, in the position where the girl said. Some said the painter resigned his work, and a lot of varient of aftermath, good and bad. As for me, it is best to give a beautiful ending if the story in both official game and the fanfic ended in a beautifully impactful way, the aftermath should be the same too.

And no, even if it's in the dream world, i will NOT write lemons or had them married, even if y'all requested, the age gap between them would still haven't met the criteria for marriage.

5) would you try out other games made by SleepingMuseum?

I was planning to but since i got hooked up with Matsuro Palette, i would just stick with this one since the story was greatly written. Only time will tell and remind me to play their other work, haha

Conclusion?

The game is highly recommended if you're looking for a puzzle game that served to kill your free time when bored, as well as if you wish to seek for a puzzle game with interactive stories. There are multiple games with similar concept but this one is the best.

Death Palette(or Matsuro Palette if you're familiar with the Japanese name)was launched at February 18th 2020 and is available on multiple app stores so go try it out!

(Seriously, why was my last sentence looked like an advertisment stuff? Jesus Christ....)