aftermath (2/2)

After we both arrived at the mansion, Lycanos dashed from the garden along with Nyx, so fast that he tackled me on the floor. "Lycanos!" I embraced the tackle and fell on the floor, while he licking my face. "How did you get here?"

"So it was yours after all, now I have more pets to play with" said Anna playing with Nyx and let go of her. "I saw him wandering around the gate so I let him in, he's quite obedient like I expected" For instance, I deduced what happened before she led me to her mansion. In short, Lycanos and I were separated as it appeared somewhere near mansion, the girl saw him while heading to the beach and let him in. For that, he waited for almost 3 hours before we came back at 4 in the afternoon.

And frankly, I didn't hear any chirping from the window. Anna realised it and worried. "Oh no, the bird was gone" she grabbed Nyx in an instance and stared at it "you ate it, didn't you..." I chuckled and placed my hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, she's still here." After that, I let out a loud whistle and waited for a while.

Perhaps that whistle really worked, somewhere at the forest, a purple bird of paradise flew to the girl. Nyx, being naughty as usual, tried to climb on Anna to hunt the bird down but Lycanos scared it off by barking and chasing the cat down. The bird flew to the girl's fingertips safely and nuzzled his head on her. "There you are, my dear. I should have keep an eye on you too" I smiled as she's playing with the bird happily but I sighed and ran to the two little rascal, who were now fighting.

"Ok,ok, settle down. HEY,STOP IT!" It was absolutely hard to pull off those two fighting "dogs and cats"(no idiomatic pun intended). I ended up having messy hair and scratches from cat claws after I finally settled them both down. Anna covered her lips, tried not to laugh, but she failed as she laughed softly for my ridiculous mess. "Ahahaha, look at you, you looked like a child waking up in the morning with his messy hair" I let out a smug smile and started to chase after her. "And I'll mess with your hair then!"

Just as we continue the pursue to the front door, I caught her by her waist as she tripped herself and going to fall face first. Well, if you seen any romantic drama, you can already imagine that scenario. We both stared each other for a few seconds before I launched a sneak attack by nibbling her cheeks, she's so cute to play with.

"Kyaa, stop it! I'm sorry!" She begged while laughing as I kept teasing her. Heck, all I could say is her cuteness is absolutely unbeatable. In the end, I stopped and give her a smooch on her cheek, then walked into the mansion together.

"Welcome back, mistress." The maids greeted us. I was stunned to see such sight, how did she owned this mansion completely, even though it's just a dream world created only for the two of us. "Hee hee, I knew you're wondering why." The girl led me to one of the servant, whom I assume to be holding a folded note. "That will explain to you" with a swift order, the servant gave me the note. I opened it and it was from no other than that old man himself! The following notes as it follows:

To the painter who had finally finished the portrait:

It seems that you had finally break the curse of the portrait of my "sister". Unfortunately, I was unable to congratulate you as I am on death doors due to me being a bloody old man. You had my gratitude for such wonderful talent and fulfilled my wishes

I have left some riches in my room, the servants must have took them all out and sort them all into a box. Sell them all, they are not worthy of this mansion anymore and those money you earned will be yours. I also left the mansion for you if you desire for a better painting area.