Chapter 1: First Encounter

YOUR POV

"Aw man, I'm beat." I yawned, stretching my arms in the air. The moment I said those words, I felt Hina nudge my waist and wince in pain as she crossed her arms with a frown on her face in disapproval of what I just said.

"Ouch! That hurt!" I protested, clutching onto my side as we walk towards the building she lives in.

"You dare complain of being tired when I was the one who did all the tasks!" She pouted with a huff and I did the same, recalling what happened earlier.

"But I really am tired!" We were supposed to have a pair task but after leaving for the restroom, I got stuck because of someone who can't get the idea to his thick head that I'm not interested. "Tired of dealing with Kiyomasa's shits." I stomped my foot on the ground in annoyance, thinking when he'll stop.

"Did he still not give up on you? He's quite persistent than I thought." Hina said and I groaned in frustration, not really liking the idea of him trying to pursue me when I'm damn annoyed by him all the time. Not to mention, I hate his ways of his delinquency.

"More like annoying." We stopped on our tracks when we reached the entrance of her building. I'm used to walking Hina home whenever her boyfriend is not around for some reason she doesn't know of. I heard he would often show up all beaten up. Probably caught up in gangs and stuff. Hopefully he'll keep Hina safe from that.

"Well then, this is your stop. I'll see you tomorrow, Hina!" I started walking off to a different direction while waving at her happily and she returned it with a smile.

"Be careful on your way home!!"

It's still so early and I don't feel like going home yet. We went home early because Hanagaki—Hina's boyfriend wasn't able to spend time with her today after class. She was a bit sad though I can understand after what I've heard about the boys at our school being called in a gathering at some place. And right now I'm heading to that very place that I've heard from the rumors, hoping to get some amusement in doing so.

"So boring." I yawned, walking in a slow manner and started swinging my bat around.

Not long enouh, I heard a group of people shouting in unison as if welcoming someone. A smile crept up to my face in amusement. Looks like they respect the one I heard they just called President.

"I wonder who that is." With a smile, I skip happily towards the source of sound though it took me quite some time.

I reached the place and found a bunch of guys down the stairs bowing at ninety degrees. There in front of them, I saw Kiyomasa bowing the same as them causing me to raise my brows. I'd never thought he can bow like that. Nonetheless, I watched the scene unfold in front of me, seeing one guy with an incredibly large frame with a kimono designed in a black and white patterned talk to him. He looks intimidating. He must be the President that they addressed earlier when I heard them welcome him. I wonder which gang he's from.

Not far from him, I saw another blond guy with long hair but noticeably shorter than him stand up from crouching in front of another blond haired boy. What's with these blondies? He walked towards Kiyomasa in a slow manner. Getting interested with what's happening, I shoved my hand into my pocket and leaned the bat on my shoulder as I continued sucking on my lollipop, feeling its sweetness spread in my tongue. Suddenly, in a blink of an eye, the short blondie had already kicked Kiyomasa's chin resulting for him to stumble backwards. This made my jaw drop.

That sure hurt.

I watched the others look at him in terror as he raised Kiyomasa's face and punch him continuously, making him faint in the process. For some reason, I was glad that he did that to Kiyomasa, knowing how much that guy had done wrong in our school. Seeing as no one dared to stop him, I slowly made my way down to their direction with them failing to notice my presence. However, he dropped Kiyomasa to the ground with a thud who was knocked out unconscious and I whistled uncontrollably when he stepped on his face.

The sound I made caused eveyone to turn to my direction and I smiled widely when I met the blondie's black colored eyes. There were some blood splattered on his face. Disgusting. But he looked cool in my eyes for some reason as he looked surprised to see me, a random girl who just happened to witness a one sided fight. I started hearing whispers coming from the boys but ignoring them, I skipped towards the blond guy with a smile on my face.

"Amazing kick you got there, blondie!" I clapped my hands when I reached them. I noticed the shock expression they all wore when I did so and the whispering only became louder and managed to reach my ears.

"What the hell?"

"Isn't that Y/N? Why is she acting like that towards Sano-san?"

"Do they know each other?"

Sano-san? Is that his name? That sure sounds familiar. And why do they make such a big fuss about it? It's not like I disrespected their so called president. It was this Sano guy that I approached so casually instead of that big guy who looks pissed off. I only shrugged the thought away. Instead, I turned and crouched down, inspecting Kiyomasa's figure and dear Lord was he badly beaten. Pulling the sweet from my mouth, I spoke.

"Man, you're clearly beaten up and you didn't even put up a fight." I stood up and pushed his body using my foot to wake him up but to no avail.

"Y/N?" I heard a familiar voice from behind and I turn to see another blond and indeed my suspicions were correct.

There on the ground, he sat all injured. His face was covered in wounds and bruises while blood stained his face and his uniform dirtied. All in all, he looks like a mess. And yet Hina loves this idiot.

I smiled and waved at him.

"Yo! Hanagaki! I see you've been caught up with his bullshits as well." I placed a hand on my hip, giving him a knowing look. "So that's why Hina said you were injured last time." All those times Hina treated his wounds, it was because he was a victim of Kiyomasa and he didn't even thought of bringing this to the higher ups.

Well it's not like the student council can do anything against a bunch of delinquents anyway.