Chapter 10: Doppleganger

YOUR POV

For the past days, I've been bumping into Mikey and Draken often that it almost feels as if they're following me. Though I know they know better and it was just pure coincidence that we run into each other all the time. Nonetheless, it caused me to grow closer with the two and must I say that they were fun to be with.

I already told Tatsumi about the two of them as last time, we ran into them at some shop and I had no choice but to explain everything to Tatsumi as he's been bugging me so much about it.

Today, I'm just spending my time chilling on the seashore a little far from the water where the rocks were located as I watch the waves clash into each other. This place has been my to-go place everytime I wanted to be alone. Luckily, no one has found out about this spot of mine yet so I'm always free when I stay here.

"Y/N." I jumped at the sudden presence of someone. Whipping my head to their direction, I saw someone standing not far from me. Her face is covered by her hoodie but based on her frame, I assume she's a girl.

"Do I know you?" I asked. Though her build doesn't look all too familiar to me as she looks older than me and not to mention that my friends are only around my age. And by her... well, chest area, I'd be mad if she was at the same age as me.

"More than anything." Now that she spoke in full sentence, I find her voice oddly familiar. But I'm sure I don't know anyone of that voice. It sounded mature though. "I was right that you'll be here. I guess the past hasn't changed yet." Under the hood's shadow, I caught sight of her smile. But I frowned in confusion to her words.

"Who are you?" After looking around, she turned her attention back to me and raised her hand to touch the end of her hood. Pulling it back, her long H/C hair went on full display with the same highlights as mine. The moment she raised her head to face me, my eyes widened in shock at the sight that laid in front of my eyes.

"You." She answered.

Standing right there was almost like a matured version of me. Her appearance is exactly the same as mine except for the fact that she looks more matured than I am now. She's only a little taller than me and even her body was comparably more mature-like.

Her response didn't process in my mind fast as I inspect every inch of her. We look just exactly the same, almost as if I have a twin. Could I have a twin? Or a sister? But I was told that I'm an only child. Could she be what they call a doppleganger?

"Who—Who are you??"

"I told you I'm you." She frowned and I squinted my eyes at her with a pout fo my lips.

"Ha! Nice one but I'm asking seriously." I stood up from the rock and faced her as she raised a brow at me.

"And I'm answering you seriously." My face turned into a frown at her answer and I snorted.

"Did you hit your head somewhere else? You must be my doppelganger of some sort. But even if we look like each other, I'm obviously not you." I said, eyeing her frame. Yeah, we're definitely not the same. I thought as my eyes stayed glued to her chest area. She noticed this and glanced at her self then back at me before sighing and waved her hand in a dismissing manner.

"Yours will grow in time." I dramatically gasped at her words. Oh this brat— "Ask me anything." Before I could say something, she already cut me to it and I tilt my head in confusion. What would I ask her? "Anything that will prove to you that I'm you and that you're me." She said and I creased my eyebrows, trying to think of something.

I don't know why I'm doing it but it somehow doesn't feel right for me to just ignore her. I'm also curious about her already. And though this seemed crazy, there's nothing wrong in trying, right?

"Well, I have a tattoo that no one knows of. Where is it located?" I'm pretty confident on this one. I had the tattoo at the age of thirteen but without anyone's consent. Later on, I found out Tatsumi doesn't approve of it, telling me I won't be able to erase it when I grow tired of its sight. I know Tatsumi's controlling in the eyes of many but he acts as my brother, knowing my parents aren't by my side to guide me. And though I do things he doesn't approve of, he can't do anything but give me lectures so there's no bad I see in his actions. He's just too overprotective.

Well back to the present, the girl in front of me tilted her head to the side and I smirk. See? She wouldn't know, of course. Not even Tatsumi knows of this. Suddenly, she raised her sleeve, revealing to me a tattoo on her wrist. My eyes almost popped out the moment the familiar design was placed on her wrist the same as mine. Intrigued, I took her hand and tried to wipe the thing off her wrist only to find it permanently tattooed. How come? I checked my left wrist and compared it with hers including the size. There's no denying it, they are the same.

"What the hell?? Why do we have the same tattoos in the same area?" I looked at her weirdly. Is this still a doppleganger coincidence? This is too accurate to be true.

"I already told you. I'm you." She shrugged and shoved her hand back to her jacket's pocket. "You've been hiding the tattoo under the wrist band you always wore. And since you're an athlete, no one suspected anything about it even Tatsumi. We're pretty clever at this time, not gonna lie." She yawned and my jaw dropped at the accuracy of the information.

She isn't lying, in fact she hit the nail on the head. I do sports at school so I often use my wrist band and before I knew it, I already use it as an excuse to cover my tattoo.

"Though soon Tatsumi will find out about it and eventually you'll receive a whole ass lecture from him." Still not being able to process everything clearly, I slapped my cheeks, hoping to wake up if ever this was a dream.

"This is crazy. I must be dreaming. There's no way I have a duplicate." I don't know how she knew I go here and that's exactly what makes it confusing. She must know a lot about me to claim me as the same person as her. Though it really doesn't make sense.

Looking up, I met her E/C colored eyes that stare at me with hopeful eyes and I asked.

"Who are you really?" Who is this... woman?

"I'm you." She said and faced the beach. As she did so, I got a better view of her side profile and I've never adored my appearance in this way. Though there was something in her look that piqued my curiosity. She looked rather... sad. "But from the future." She added and I blinked twice to register her words in my mind.

Future?

"It's nice to meet you..." She then turned to me with a sad smile and I instantly felt something spark in me at the sight of her.

"Young Y/N."