Chapter 7: Did It Again

3RD PERSON'S POV

"Oh man, I'm hella tired." With her usual bored habit, Y/N walked around still not getting the feeling of going straight home. Despite the tiredness she's feeling at the moment due to the practice she just had back at school, she still chose to roam around the city.

Not a minute later, she passed by the front of an empty playground and instantly noticed figures on the far corner and away from the sight of a passerby. On daily circumstances, Y/N wouldn't even mind paying attention to these people but the appearance of a familiar boy caught her attention. And so she decided to come closer.

"What's wrong? We're just asking for a small amount of money from 'ya." Said a guy with a dyed blond hair. And though they were surrounding the poor scared frame of the boy, it was obvious they failed to notice her presence.

Seeing Naoto defenseless in these guys' tactics, she was about to tell them off when suddenly she noticed that the guys are wearing matching uniforms—definitely not school uniforms.

A symbol was embroidered at the back and she can't be mistaken when a memory played in her mind.

"Tatsumi?! What happened??" She rushed to her best friend's side, quickly assisting him after finding him all bruised and beaten up in front of her apartment's door.

"Just got into another fight." Immediately, she led him into her home and dropped him onto the sofa.

"Yeah, obviously. But you never get this much injuries when you fight. Your mom's gonna get worried." She sighed as she started inspecting his injuries and frowned in an instant, finding the situation unusual for someone like Tatsumi who she considers a strong delinquent.

"Who did this to you?" There was a tone of warning in her voice as she reached to touch his forehead with a wound and eyed the other wounds he have. Wounds that tell her he fought not only one person at a time.

"I was ambushed by the Cerberus Gang members." Tatsumi winced in pain as Y/N started to treat his wounds with her first aid.

Hearing the gang's name, the logo of the three-headed monster came into her mind, clearly remembering their first encounter with them.

"Ambush?"

"It was a surprise attack. Those cowards are surely gonna get it the next time we fight." Tatsumi clenched his fists in annoyance.

And the day went by with getting back at them in their minds.

Seeing as they have no intention of giving her a spare glance, she kicked a rock their way. She watch it land right between them and the dark haired boy who happens to be her friend's younger brother.

It's not only that she wanted to get back at them for what they've done to her friends but to witness them bully someone so defenseless against them pisses her off.

Finally, they all turned their heads to her direction and she flashed a smile their way.

"Oooiii! Naotooo!!" She waved cheerfully and jogged her way to the confuse boy while swinging her bat.

"Y/N?"

"And who the hell are you?" The blond haired guy who seemed to be the leader of this little group of theirs raised an eyebrow at her. But to their annoyance, Y/N ignored them. She wrapped an arm around Naoto's neck and raised something in front of him.

"I just got off from practice! Here! I bought an extra protein bar. You surely do need it." She smiled brightly to which triggered the boys into irritation. Naoto knew exactly what she's trying to do considering her attitude and he can only look at her worriedly, accepting the snack from her.