Chapter 3: Innocence

YOUR POV

"Are you out of your mind??" I heard Tatsumi release a heavy problematic sigh as I bit onto my burger. Confused, I tilt my head to the side. He's been so frustrated since we ran into each other earlier—well, not like he's not always stressed out with me around but this has been the tenth time he released such a heavy sigh as if he's been carrying the world's burden on his shoulders.

"What did I do now??" He glared at me as I munch onto my food. He hasn't laid a finger on his cocktail shake either so I took the chance in smiling at him knowingly as I reach out to his side of the table to his order. His glare only hardened when my hand touched the cup—his cup but sighed either way and nod his head in approval. I grinned happily and took a quick sip as I forgot to order some drink.

"I really don't know what to do with you. Sometimes, I don't know if I should thank the Gods for your innocence or not." He sighed, running his hands across his face in annoyance. "You're seriously gonna get yourself in trouble with the wrong person someday." I pouted and gulped down the food I'm chewing.

"I won't, alright."

"You definitely would." He replied with a roll of his eyes.

There was a moment of silence and another sigh came out from him. Getting annoyed by his nonstop worrying, I mimicked him as he was about to release another one before asking again.

"What's so wrong with what I did? I thought you wanted me to make friends?" Tatsumi and the others were all worried of me not being able to get along with a lot of people from my school as I don't really fit in their interests—well it's more like them who doesn't fit into mine. "You boys are so confusing." He glared when I mocked his sigh once again. If he doesn't have the longest patience I know, I would've been beaten up by now already.

"By friends, I mean girls from your school. Not some delinquent like Eijiro." He said, pertaining to a friend of ours who's caught up in the world of delinquency. I raised a brow at him.

"Then why am I friends with you?" Good thing I haven't taken a bite from my food yet as a heavy hand went at the back of my head, slapping it enough to make me bow my head from the sudden impact.

"That hurt, you sadistic son of a—" I didn't get the chance to finish my sentence when he glared at me, telling me not to dare continue my words and I pout as I rub the back of my head before adding. "...munchkin."

He heaved another sigh before turning his attention to the traffic outside of the window and I continued eating. He seem to have not yet let go of the subject as he once again turn to me with eyes determined to persuade me of something.

"Look Y/N, as much as possible, don't ever get into his bad side, okay?" I snorted at his order when I clearly just told that to myself earlier after running into those guys. Though, they look like they would be fun to watch in fights.

"I wouldn't dare. Did you even see how he kicked Kiyomasa's ass earlier? It was scary. If that hit me, I'll probably faint in one kick." I laughed, recalling Kiyomasa's appearance earlier.

"You'll probably be in a hospital bed fighting for your life by now already." He corrected and I frowned at his words.

"That is sooo exaggerated."

"But it's not impossible."

"Not gonna argue with that." My endurance when accepting hits isn't really at its best. So whenever I get into a fight, I always try to avoid hits as much as possible as my body is not in the best condition for that. Not like the one guy rumored whom they call the Zombie. Lucky him for having such high endurance.

"Do you even know who he is?" Tatsumi asked once again and I furrow my eyebrows at his question.

"Manjiro. He just said his name is Manjiro. Don't you remember?" I know Tatsumi's older than me like a big brother but I didn't know his memory lapse came that fast at this age. "Lucky him. He looks like he's good friends with Draken, though." I leaned onto the chair, crossing my arms.

I really want to be friends with Draken though. I heard he's so good at fighting and can even beat a bunch of guys all by himself. I really wanted to learn how to beat a lot of people all by myself although it's obvious I still need a lot of improvements when it comes to combat.

"Oh you're really dangerous to leave alone wandering." He ran his hands across his face again in frustration.

"You guys are just babying me too much. I'm not that young!" Everyone in Tatsumi's gang treats me like I'm some type of baby princess they're supposed to protect when I'm clearly capable of doing it in my own. Those morons. I love them all but the audacity... hmph!

"By the way, do you know him? Why did you apologize earlier?" I asked in curiosity, remembering how he panicked earlier. I would've understood if the apology was directed to Draken because I, too wouldn't want to make a fight with him. But why Manjiro?

"You really don't know??" He looked at me as if I've grown three heads and I shook my head, no in all seriousness. His face fell into a look of disappointment. "How come you're still my friend again?" I kicked his leg under the table for throwing the question at me. It's starting to be his habit already to tease me of our friendship.

I've known Tatsumi since we were little kids. He was the one who found me when I had no one to support me at a very early age when my mother passed away. He and his parents offered to take me in. I only stayed with them for a good month only to learn survival of my own and soon decided to have a place of my own after I received my family's inheritance as Tatsumi's parents continue to help me with my urgent needs and served as my guardian. If it weren't for them then I'm not sure if I'd still be here by now. And as I grew older, I already see him not just a friend but as my older brother.

"I'm just kidding. But seriously though..." Tatsumi paused, eyeing me worriedly. "That guy is someone dangerous." I raised my brows at him. Sure Manjiro looks innocent and cute and all but the moment he stared blankly at Kiyomasa as he punched him continuously earlier already made it clear to me how dangerous he can be.

"If you still haven't figured it out yet..." Tatsumi continued. "That guy is Sano Manjiro." I feel like I heard that name somewhere but I can't seem to put my finger on it for some reason. However, before I could realize it completely, Tatsumi already finished it making me gasp in shock and feel chills run down my spine.

"Also known as the Invincible Mikey."