Chapter 16: Comfort Attempt

YOUR POV

I was supposed to head home already after the fight I had when I suddenly remembered what Mirai said about going to the hospital. I was hesitant at first but decided to go anyway. I don't know what I'll find at the back of the hospital she mentioned but at least I went even though it might be already late for that since I got held back at the festival.

I walked casually towards the entrance of the hospital with my clothes still dripping wet from the rain. It's actually not just my clothes but who cares?? Probably the ones staring at me right now, shocked at the sight of me.

Ignoring their stares, I made my way straight to the path for no reason at all. Just a hunch that it leads to the back which eventually brought me to a pathway connecting both buildings.

"Back of the hospital. Back of the hospital. Back of the—!!" I kept muttering under my breath as I kept looking not really knowing what I'm searching for besides the location.

"Y/N??" I jumped at the voice and turn to see Hanagaki. My eyes widened at the sight of him. He looks beaten up just as I am.

What in the world—

"Hanagaki?? What happened to you?? Where's Hina?" What the hell just happened? I don't remember leaving the two of them with him all bruised already. Hinata better be safe or I'll beat him up if something happened.

Did those guys attack them while I was unconscious?

"A fight broke out earlier and Draken... he was stabbed." Fight? Draken? Stabbed?? Was that the reason why I heard sirens when I woke up earlier?

"Where is he? Is he alright now?? Was it severe?? Does he need anything?" Who in the world dared to stab him?? Is he even okay now? Maybe I shouldn't have left them earlier then maybe I could've done something to help.

"He's fine now. The doctors were successful in the operation." Hanagaki replied and I breathed out a sigh of relief.

"That's a relief." Thank goodness he's fine. For days that I got to spend with him and Mikey, I already grew attached to them as friends. They're just like my friends in Rashomon. Remembering Emma and Hina were with them, I asked again. "Hina and Emma?"

"They're both fine." He said with a reassuring nod and I relaxed my shoulders a bit at that.

"How about you? What are you doing here if not for Draken?" He asked and though it was pretty obvious that I also got into a fight, Hanagaki didn't seem to push the thought to which I'm thankful of.

"O-Oh well that... uhhh..." I quickly think of an excuse. I'm really not ready for this. I didn't even know they'd be here. If I knew then I would've come up with a script already to let me slide. Suddenly, a thought crossed my mind and I snapped a finger. "Oh right! I was sent here by my uhhh... sister! Yes, sister! Big sister! Older one, you know what I'm sayin'?" I said while imitating Mirai's not so tall height with my hand and laughed awkwardly.

"Is that so? What for?" Ugh! Mirai!!

"She just told me to." I replied. Hanagaki only tilted his head and looked at me weirdly before eyeing my state, clearly not convinced of my excuse.

I mean who would?

"Did you get into a fight again?" He looked so curious and I can't really blame him when I'm in this current state of mine. I should've gone home first at least to dry up.

"You bet." I pointed finger guns at him and he nodded his head with a sigh.

"At least you're fine." I nod my head in agreement, not knowing what else to say when he suddenly spoke up again. "Well then Draken's room is 304 on the fourth floor in case you want to visit him before you leave."