Chapter 14: "Let's Save Him Together!"

YOUR FUTURE SELF'S POV

There was a short moment of silence between us as the younger me tried to process all of it at once in her head. With her brows shooting back up then down together with the quick switching of her facial expressions from confused to realizing something. Then she met my gaze and asked.

"So if you met Hanagaki in the future, then why not ask for his help in this timeline as well?" As expected. I'd actually come up with that idea first. After all, I'm used to being dependent on others.

"I tried that already." I sighed in dismay. "But he doesn't remember me."

Since I was able to leap in time despite it being out of my ability's capability, I expected that it must've affected Hanagaki as well.

The first thing that I did when I realised I was thrown back in time with my whole self from the time I came from, I immediately went in search for Hanagaki. But I found no sign of his older self in this timeline so I followed the other theory I had in mind which is that the time leaping affected differently. So I thought that it's possible that he was able to go back in this time even though it's more than twelve years away from the future he came from. I had no other choice but to approach his younger self, hoping he came back but he was totally confused when I approached him. He can only recognise me as Hinata's friend and nothing more.

I tried it the second time when I saw his behaviour change, thinking his future self must've returned but I only got the worse reaction from him than the first try.

In short, I failed to get him on my side in this timeline.

I looked at her and started to explain, hoping that she'll be able to get the logic of what I'm about to say.

"By this time when Hanagaki was time leaping back and forth, we didn't meet each other yet in the future he's in. And since he can only time leap at twelve years back, then that only means that when we leaped through time together, he was sent to a different time and year." I'm still trying to figure out what effect the collaboration had on him. He seems pretty normal to me if I remember the first route clearly. "Probably years advance from now." That just means that in a few years from now, I'll be able to meet the Hanagaki I knew in the latest future.

I better stay patient and do what I can as long as I'm here.

"My head's about to explode." I looked up to see Y/N's face contorted. She looked so troubled and confused and I can almost see steam coming from the top of her head as she tried to understand everything I just said. Giving up, she shook her head and faced me again. "I don't quite get everything but I'm guessing that he's doing his best to help Mikey as well." I nod at her and she stayed silent for a little while before adding.

"So what do you want me to do?"

"For now just go with the flow. As much as possible, we shouldn't meddle with a lot of things as it can affect the future big time and can even possibly lead you to a different route." After having so many attempts, I definitely had more experiences in suddenly leading to another future of mine because of my careless actions. "Your goal is to always be by his side, you understand me?" I know I tried this already and I failed so many times because of how persistent Mikey can be.

My younger self looked at me, confusion written all over her face as she tilted her head to the side.

"That's pretty hard. We're not even in the same school. How could I?" I almost facepalmed at her words. Right. I forgot I'm an idiot.

"I meant in his hard times." I cleared and she opened her mouth and nodded her head many times as if getting the obvious point already.

"Ah! Got it, got it!"