Chapter 21: Finding Out

MIRAI'S POV

"I'll be meeting with Tatsumi and Eijiro later on to talk about things. You better not sneak out of school today or we'll get caught." I reminded her as we finish eating. She raised her hand to her forehead in a salute and stomped her foot on the ground.

"Yes ma'am!" I fight the urge to roll my eyes. When she found out I was at the military back at my time, she's been treating me like I'm some official of hers. And the spark in her eyes everytime she looked at me in adoration, I don't know if I should take it as creepy.

"I need to look exactly like you for the day." I said as we walk up to her bedroom. I quickly look for her spare uniform which I can use today. I'm going to pretend that I'm the young Y/N since I'll be meeting with Tatsumi and Eijiro.

She turned to me and tilted her head slightly to the side with a confused look on her face.

"What do you mean?? You look exactly like me." She stated before turning fully to the mirror to which I followed as we stare at our reflection, seeing how so much alike we look. It would be pretty hard to tell if not for my height and my hair length which is much longer than hers.

Eyeing each other from head to toe, we sigh at each other as we nod our heads unanimously.

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

"Yeah, we do." I turn to her, nodding my head continuously and she mimicked my move and turned back to the front with a shrug of her shoulders.

"We totally do."

"What if I bump into Kouta later?"

"I don't remember meeting Kouta alone days before the disbandment but if ever you do, just act normal."

"How normal?"

"Like like normal normal."

"Oh... Well, this is hard."

"How is being normal hard??"

"Do we really act normal?"

"Surprisingly, yes."

It didn't take long for us to change into the usual clothes we use. Wearing my middle school uniform makes me nostalgic. It's been awhile since I last wore this and I didn't think I'll be able to wear it again even with my current figure like this. Fixing my necktie, we both gaze at our reflection in amusement, amazed at what we're seeing.

"Wow, you really are me. We look like twins." My younger self wrapped her arms around mine, pulling me closer to her while trying to compare the both of us. I shrugged and spoke up.

"More like a duplicate." With too much likeness, it's not impossible for people to mistake us as identical twins though I look a lot older than her and surely no one in my life still doesn't know I'm a single child who's living on her own since the age of nine.

"I agree, I agree, I agree."

She turned to me and placed a finger on her chin, thinking.

"But the shirt looks kinda tight on you." I looked back at my reflection on the mirror and thought the same. It really is looking a little tight on me and the skirt's even shorter that I had to use my spare School jogging pants. I'm glad I played sports before that it's normal for me to dress like this before. Suddenly, a light bulb almost appeared on top of her head, she ran back to the cabinet and grabbed her sports jacket. "Wear this!" She threw it towards me which I catched instantly.

Thankfully the jacket was enough to cover as she wore the same spare.

Now we look more like each other.