Niall's Last Days (2)

Sunday went well. The boys hung out together and they ran through a few songs in the studio to calm Niall's nerves. After dinner, they went to their rooms to chat to family and friends. Niall went into his bathroom and took some painkillers before he looked at himself in the mirror.

Something then sparked fear in him and he stepped back. Things quickly escalated and soon, Niall was having a full on panic attack. He was being slowly poisoned, his body was dying and there was nothing that he could do about it.

In a moment of panic, he grabbed the painkillers and tipped a large handful of them into his mouth. He then gasped for breath and tried to pour himself a glass of water before the door opened.

~

Niall suddenly dropped the glass, spat the pills out into the sink and gasped for breath.
"Niall!" Louis called out in shock as he rushed over to him. "Breathe Niall, breathe," Louis said as he put his one hand on Niall's shoulder and wrapped the other round his waist. "Breathe for me mate, come on," Louis said and Niall began to calm down. "That's it," Louis said and Niall kept relaxing. "You doing ok?" Louis asked Niall nodded. "Ok, come with me," Louis said before he led Niall into the room and sat him onto the bed.

"Are you ok?" Louis asked Niall as he brushed a hair out of his face and he nodded. "Did you mean to swallow all those pills?" Louis asked him and Niall shook his head. "Ok," Louis told him gently as he rubbed his hand around Niall's back in circles. "Are you doing ok otherwise?"
"Yeah. Lou..."
"Take your time," Louis said and Niall focused on breathing before he rested his head against Louis's. "What pills were they?"
"Painkillers."
"Are you in any pain? Did you spit them all out?"
"No... I'm ok. I just, panicked."
"Ok," Louis said before he hugged Niall. "I'm sorry that we weren't here to help you."
"No. It's ok."
"It's not though. You need us, and we need you."
"Yeah..."
"Paul texted to say that your family's been delayed at the airport. Why don't we go to sleep and they'll be here when you wake up."
"Yeah... It all um. It just overwhelmed me."
"It would," Louis said before he kissed Niall. "Come on, let's get you into bed," Louis said and Niall nodded. "Come here mate," Louis said before he helped Niall to stand up and he pulled the covers back. Niall got in and Louis got into the other side beside him.

~

Niall opened his eyes to see Harry crouching beside his bed with his hand on his arm.
"Morning Ni. How are you feeling?"
"Better."
"I'm glad. Louis texted us and told us what happened."
"I didn't mean to Harry. Really sorry."
"Oh, you don't need to apologise Niall. You were scared and it was a moment of panic, everyone understands."
"Thanks," Niall said before he stretched his hand out and Harry took it.
"We're here to look after you Niall. Your family is just down the hall ok."
"K..." Niall said before he closed his eyes.

Harry then stood up and went over to Louis.
"Louis," He said as he gently shook Louis's shoulder. "Louis."
"Hmn? What?"
"It's time to get up," Harry told Louis as he opened his eyes.
"Oh, morning Harry."
"Morning Louis."
"How's Niall?"
"He's ok. I think he's gone back to sleep."
"Ok. Is his family here?"
"They are. They're just down the corridor."
"Good," Louis said before he pulled the covers back and got up.
"I'll see you and Niall in Liam's room in ten ok?"
"Yeah. Sounds good," Louis said and Harry left the room.

~

Ten minutes later, Louis and Niall came into Liam's room.
"Morning Niall," Liam said as he came over and hugged him.
"Morning Liam."
"How are you feeling?"
"Alright. I had some painkillers a few minutes ago."
"Are you ready for rehearsals?"
"Yeah. Yeah, it'll be good."
"Right, let's go," Harry said and they went to rehearsals.

Aside from Niall taking his pain medication and having regular breaks, he was happy and he was looking forward to getting back on the road.

When the evening came around, all the boys hid from Lou and it made management annoyed but they didn't care. Niall laughed when he was caught and he squirmed as Lou did his hair. His family were backstage and they joked with Niall before he had to go on stage.

~

The concert was amazing and the boys made sure that someone was close to Niall at all times. Liam noticed a bit of pain on Niall's face from time to time but he just brushed it aside.

After the show, the boys ran backstage and they were all whooping and full of adrenaline before Liam went over to Niall.
"Are you alright Niall?"
"Yeah, I just feel a bit sick."
"When did you last eat?"
"Lunchtime I think."
"Right, food then boys," Louis said as he wrapped his arms around both Niall and Liam and began walking them to catering.

They ate dinner before they went to relax together. On the way, Niall turned and threw up in a bin.
"Niall," Louis called as he went over and took a gentle but firm hold of Niall. Liam and Harry came over as Louis lay Niall onto the floor. "I've got you mate, you're ok."
"What happened Louis?"
"He threw up some blood," Louis said and the boys went cold. The reality was slowly hitting them that Niall was dying, and none was prepared for it.
"How are you feeling Niall?" Harry asked.
"I need water Harry," Niall whispered.
"Ok, I'm on it," Harry said before he left.
"Are you feeling sick? Do you think you're going to pass out?" Liam asked and Niall shook his head.
"I'm ok. I just taste blood."
'Alright mate," Louis said as he touched Niall's shoulder.
"I've got you some water Niall," Harry said as he returned.
"Let's sit you up," Louis said and Niall began sitting up.
"I've got you," Liam said as he gave Niall a hand. The boys sat beside Niall has he drank the water.
"Are you ok?" Harry asked and Niall nodded.
"Yeah."
"The crowd loved us, mate. That show was amazing."
"It was incredible Niall. Thanks to you."
"You don't need to patronise me. It was Louis ripping Liam's shirt off that everyone loved."
"I do have my great moments," Louis said and the boys laughed.
"Shall we get pissed lads?"
"You just threw up blood Nialler," Harry reminded him.
"And I'll be dead by the end of the week. I want to live a little."
"Of course we can get pissed. And if you're dying, that means that we're buying," Louis said and Liam glared at him. "Too far?"
"Too far, but still true. Come on Niall," Liam said and they helped him up.

That night they had a big party and they all got pissed. Niall threw up more blood and Louis, Liam and Harry took turns staying awake to make sure he was ok.