*Niall ~ Dislocates Knee At BRIT Awards

"I'd like to thank James Corden for doing a great job tonight. Can we give it up for James Corden again please?" Niall called out and he glanced around at the other guests before he looked back at Jimmy Carr.
"Just there," Jimmy said as he pointed behind Niall and Niall turned around to see James. Zayn and Liam also turned round as Niall's foot bent to the side and he fell, towards James, onto the stage.
"Argh!" Niall cried out as he landed on his bad knee but he managed to catch his upper body with his hands.
"Niall!" Liam shouted as everyone rushed over to help him.
"Argh!" Niall screamed as he lay down and wrapped a hand around his bad knee. Louis quickly took Niall's crutches away as James and Harry bent over to see what was going on.
"Niall?" James asked.
"Just breathe Niall, breathe."
"Gargh! Fuck!" Niall screamed as he held his knee and buried his head into the stage.
"Try to breathe, we've got you," Zayn told Niall as he had one hand on Niall's shoulder and the other on his waist. "We need an ambulance."
"Could you call an ambulance Jimmy?" Louis asked him as calmly as he could.
"Yeah. Guys, we need an ambulance," Jimmy said into his microphone.
"Breathe Niall, help's on the way," James told him and Niall tried to breathe as Harry knelt beside Louis.
"Just stay still Niall."
"Gargh!"
"It's alright Niall, we're here."
"We've got you," Harry said as he rested his hand onto Niall's leg.
"There's an ambulance on its way," Jimmy told them.
"Thanks."
"Breathe Niall," Zayn said as he, Louis, Harry, James and Liam desperately tried to comfort Niall.

~

Six long minutes later, the ambulance crew arrived and wheeled a stretcher onto the stage.
"Hello," One of the paramedics said as he knelt where Louis had been. Niall groaned in pain and Zayn and Harry tried to comfort him.
"It's ok Niall, the paramedics are here, you're going to be ok."
"His name's Niall?"
"Yeah," Zayn told the second paramedic as she knelt down and took James's place. The camera's had been switched off and everyone was quiet.
"Hello Niall. My name's Naomi and this is Aiden, we're going to look after you alright," Naomi told him gently. Aiden began getting a syringe ready as Naomi took Niall's pulse.
"Niall had surgery on his knee about 3 months ago," Harry told them.
"His left knee?"
"Yeah."
"Ok."
"Urgh. Argh," Niall groaned in pain.
"Ok honey, alright. Thanks Aiden," Naomi said as Aiden gave her the syringe.
"Can you give me your hand Niall?" Zayn asked and Niall reached his hand out towards Zayn.
"That's it," Harry told him.
"That's great. I'm just going to give you some pain relief," Naomi said before she inserted a cannula into Niall's arm. Aiden put a blood pressure cuff onto Niall's other arm as everyone watched on in worry and Naomi injected the medication.

Less than a minute later, Niall relaxed.
"Niall?"
"Niall?" Zayn and Harry asked.
"He's ok, it's just the pain relief working," Naomi told them.
"What did you give him?" Zayn asked.
"Morphine," Naomi said as she and Aiden turned Niall onto his back. Niall had his eyes closed, but his eyes were still moving underneath his eyelids. Sweat was evident on his forehead and Aiden wasted no time in inspecting Niall's knee while Naomi checked Niall's vital signs.
"Looks like an anterior dislocation to his left knee, but given he's had recent surgery I don't feel comfortable resetting it here."
"Ok, I'm happy for him to be transported," Naomi said and Aiden got the spinal board from the stretcher. Noami got Zayn and Harry to help her get Niall onto the spinal board before they lifted him onto the stretcher. Niall began to come to and he opened his eyes to see Zayn beside him.
"Hey Niall. You're going to be ok, we're taking you to the hospital," Zayn said and Niall grimaced.
"It hurts," Niall groaned.
"I know. You'll be ok," Zayn reassured Niall as he stroked a hand through his hair. Niall began to drift out as they wheeled the stretcher out of the arena and the boys followed.

They had to follow the ambulance in a separate car to get to the hospital, where Niall was quickly taken up to surgery to have his knee relocated.

The boys sat in the waiting room in their suits with Louis holding Niall's crutches and Liam still holding the microphone in his hand. Zayn kept glancing towards the door, waiting for a doctor to come and tell him that Niall was ok.

~

When Niall came to, he was warm. There was a blanket over him and he had that fuzzy feeling when his body had been pumped full of painkillers. He groaned and moved his head.
"Niall?" Came Harry's voice. "Are you awake?"
"Harry?"
"Yeah, I'm here," Harry said and he felt Harry take his hand. "How are you feeling?"
"Fuzzy. What happened?"
"You dislocated your knee at the awards. We called for an ambulance and they had to take you up to surgery to relocate it."
"So, I've had more surgery?"
"Yeah, but I don't think they cut into you."
"How's he doing Harry?" Louis asked as he came into Niall's hospital cubicle.
"He's doing well. How's Liam?"
"Not good. Zayn's looking after him."
"What happened to Liam?"
"You're awake Niall?" Louis asked as he came alongside him.
"Yeah. They've drugged me up well."
"Are you ok? Does anything hurt?"
"Not right now. What's wrong with Liam?"
"He's had a bit too much wine," Harry told him and Niall smiled.
"Are you doing ok Niall? Can we do anything to help?"
"No, I'm alright."
"Good."
"Is there any... permanent damage to my knee?"
"No. The doctor said that you just need rest and to take it slow for a few days."
"Paul says the shows can continue, if you're happy to sit down for them and have crutches."
"I'm happy with that."
"That's what we thought mate."
"I might go back to sleep. These drugs are good."
"Go for it. We're not going anywhere."
"Thanks guys," Niall said before he fell back asleep.