Niall ~ Dizzy Spells

As soon as Niall woke up, he knew that something was off. His head was pounding and he was feeling dizzy before he had even got out of his bunk. He managed to get dressed and join the boys for their first engagement of the day, which was a photo-shoot.

As they began posing, a wave of dizziness fell on Niall and he grabbed onto Liam in order to support himself.
"Are you ok Niall? You're gripping onto me for dear life," Liam told Niall half way through the photo-shoot.
"Sorry Liam, I'm just a bit dizzy. I'll stop holding onto you," Niall apologised as he took his hand off Liam.
"No it's ok mate. Do you feel sick or anything?" Liam asked him.
"No. I just got dizzy."
"Did you eat breakfast this morning?" Harry asked Niall.
"Yeah."
"You had two eggs and three pieces of toast Niall so your appetite's fine," Louis chipped in.
"I'm sure it's nothing. It's probably just some vertigo or something."
"Are you still feeling dizzy now?"
"No. It's gone."
"Alright Niall," Liam said before they carried on with the photo-shoot.

~

Once the photo-shoot was over, they were loaded into a car and driven to James Corden's studio to record his Late Late Show, which would be aired that evening. Niall was feeling ok before they got into the car but he quickly felt dizzy. He closed his eyes and rested his head against the window in an effort to make it stop. The next thing he knew, Louis was shaking him awake.
"Niall, wake up mate we're here," Louis told him gently and Niall blinked as he came to.
"What? We just set off Lou," Niall murmured.
"You've been asleep for 20 minutes Niall," Louis told him. Niall frowned, he can't usually sleep during the day. "It's unlike you to have a nap, are you sure that you're ok?"
"I don't feel ill. Let's just go and do the show."
"Ok, come on then Niall," Louis said as he helped Niall to get out of the car and they made their way through the studio.

As they walked through the building, Niall was overcome by dizziness once more so he grabbed a nearby railing and closed his eyes. He didn't feel ill but something was definitely up with him.
"Niall, are you ok?" Harry asked Niall as he put his hand onto Niall's shoulder.
"I got really dizzy again," Niall said as he held onto Harry.
"You had a 20 minute nap in the car but we'll be sitting down in a minute."
"I know. I just keep feeling dizzy Harold."
"Do you need to lie down for a bit Niall?"
"I don't think that would help."
"We could get someone to come and have a look at you."
"It's not serious Harry. I just want to get through today."
"Alright Niall. If you get dizzy again just let us know."
"I will," Niall told Harry before they carried on and went on stage.

The first part of the show went well and the audience were providing them with a good atmosphere.
"Come on boys, stand up I've got a game we can do. It's called..." James said and the boys stood up. Niall's vision went dark as his head swam for a second. He reached out a hand and held onto Louis beside him. "...get you boys to stand over there and," James continued but Niall turned to Louis. He was beginning to feel sick.
"I'm going to pass out," He told Louis.
"What? You're going to pass out?" Louis asked Niall as he wrapped his arm around him, making sure that he had heard Niall correctly. Louis sounded worried and Niall was feeling more sick by the second.
"It's going to pass out Lou. I'm going to..."
"Wow," Louis said as Niall passed out into his arms.
"And then we... Louis, what's going on?" James asked as he came over and saw Niall unconscious in his grip. Niall's head had fallen back and Louis was desperately holding onto the Irishman. "Shit. Is he ok?" James asked as he began panicking.
"He's passed out James, we need to lie him down," Louis said as Harry came over and helped Louis to support Niall.
"Let's lie him onto the sofa," Liam said and Louis managed to pick Niall up with Harry's help.
"That's it. Thanks Harry," Louis said before he brought Niall over and lay him onto the sofa.
"What happened?" Harry asked.
"Niall told me that he was going to pass out and then he went unconscious."
"He's been feeling dizzy all morning," Harry said as he knelt down and put his hand onto Niall's forehead.
"Is he sick? Can we stop filming guys?" James asked.
"Can you hear us Niall?" Liam asked.
"Come on Nialler."
"Can we get a medic? What's wrong with him?"
"We don't know. He keeps getting dizzy but it comes and goes," Liam tells James.
"He hasn't got a fever and his breathing is normal," Harry added.
"He hasn't been himself. He had a nap in the car but that's very unlike him."
"He got dizzy coming into the studio so it might be happening when he's standing up," Harry suggested as Niall moved.
"Niall? Are you back with us?" Liam asked.
"You're ok Niall, you just passed out," Louis told Niall as he gently stroked his arm.
"Hmn. Did you catch me Lou?" Niall muttered.
"I did mate, yeah. Does anything hurt?"
"No."
"That's a relief."
"Are you feeling dizzy Niall?" Liam asked him as he ran his fingers through Niall's hair.
"A bit, yeah."
"Do you have a headache or anything Niall?" Harry asked him.
"No, I'm just dizzy. And my ears are ringing a bit."
"Your ears?"
"Yeah."
"Ok great," James said as he finished talking to a member of management. "Niall," He said gently as he came over and Niall's eyes fluttered open.
"James?" Niall asked as he saw Louis smile beside him.
"Yeah, it's me. We're going to break for lunch now so you can get some food in your system and see if that helps ok."
"Yeah."
"Thanks James."
"Fantastic. We're going to take an hour guys ok. For everyone in the audience, feel free to come and help yourselves to food in the canteen, it's just through the doors you in through and to the left."
"I'll get you some food Niall, you just stay here ok," Louis said as he and Liam stood up.
"Yeah, sounds good."
"I'll stay with Niall."
"Thanks Harry," Louis said before he went off and found some food. The boys sat with Niall on the sofa as they ate lunch. They were insistent about Niall not standing up in case he passed out again. The medic at the studio had a look at Niall and concluded that the dizziness may have been caused by exhaustion and dehydration, and that Niall just needed some rest. Once lunch was over, the boys agreed to stay and finish their section for the show, which was James just asking them some questions. Once it was over, they left the studio and headed straight back to the hotel. It was only 4pm but the boys insisted that Niall took a nap before dinner.

~

It was nearly 6pm when Harry knocked on Niall's hotel room door. They were performing a set as part of a tribute concert at 9pm and, with Niall's current state, they weren't sure if they would be performing as a three or a four.
"Niall? Is it ok if I come in?" Harry asked before he came into the room. "Niall?" Harry asked as he looked around the room. The lights were on but Niall was nowhere to be seen. "Niall?" Harry asked before he went into the bathroom. Niall was standing by the mirror with his hand held up to his head. Blood was dripping through his fingers and he was holding onto the sink in order to help himself upright. "What happened Niall?" Harry asked as he came over.
"I got dizzy Harry and I hit my head on the cabinet. I think it's bleeding."
"Yeah, you're definitely bleeding Niall. Come on, sit down before you pass out," Harry said and he helped Niall to sit on the edge of the bath. "Let me see," Harry said and Niall took his hand away. Harry inspected Niall's head as Niall closed his eyes. "When did you hit your head?"
"A few minutes ago. Just before you came in I think."
"Are you still dizzy now?"
"Yeah."
"Ok. I think we need to tell Paul and get a doctor to look at you."
"Ok," Niall agreed. He was tired of being dizzy and the cut on his head was beginning to sting.
"Niall, hey. Stay with me," Harry said and Niall blinked, not realising that he had started to drift.
"I'm here. I want to feel better Harry."
"You will Niall. I promise," Harry told him before he kissed him on the forehead. "Come on, lets find Paul," Harry said and Niall nodded. He helped Niall up and walked with him through the hotel. They found Paul and Harry explained the situation to him. Paul got one of their cars ready as Liam and Louis appeared.
"Niall, you're bleeding," Liam said as he came over.
"What's happened? Are you ok Niall?" Louis asked.
"Niall got dizzy and he hit his head on the metal cabinet in the hotel bathroom."
"Aww mate. Does it hurt?" Louis asked.
"Yeah."
"Did you manage to get some sleep Niall?" Liam asked.
"Yeah. I slept for about an hour and a half before I hit my head."
"The car's here," Paul told them.
"Are you taking Niall to the doctors Harry?"
"Yeah."
"Good idea."
"Let go Niall," Paul told him gently.
"We'll see you soon mate."
"Take care Niall," Liam and Louis said.
"Thanks guys," Niall said before he went with Harry and Paul to the car.

The GP saw them relatively quickly and after determining that the cut on Niall's head was only minor, he put a dressing over it. He then checked Niall's balance as Harry had his hands on Niall, just in case he passed out. After checking Niall's ears, the doctor concluded that Niall had an ear infection so he gave Niall some ear drops and told him that the infection would clear up over the next few days.

~

That evening, Niall joined the boys for the concert and they were waiting backstage. Paul had administered Niall's ear drops half an hour ago and they were huddled together, chatting before they went on stage. Niall closed his eyes and swayed slightly. Harry, Liam and Louis quickly put their hands onto Niall, ready to catch him if he passed out.
"We've got you Niall, we've got you," Louis said, preparing to take Niall's weight.
"Take some deep breaths Niall," Harry told him.
"Do you feel like you're going to pass out?" Liam asked Niall and he nodded.
"I'm..." Niall whispered.
"Just focus on breathing Niall. Harry, can you ask them to give us a few minutes?" Louis asked as he increased his grip on Niall.
"Yeah, I'm on it," Harry said.
"I'm joking," Niall told the boys as he felt Harry's hands leave his shoulders. The boys paused and then they laughed slightly.
"You had us going there Niall," Liam said.
"So you're not going to pass out Niall?" Harry checked.
"No. The ear drops are working already," Niall told them.
"Good. They should be. Now don't scare us like that again, we're on stage in two minutes," Louis said.
"I know. Let's go boys!" Niall called out as he picked up the guitar and walked towards the stage. Harry, Liam and Louis smiled, happy that Niall was back to his loud and cheerful self.