𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟕 || 𝐁𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

𝘛𝘞 • 𝘋𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘈𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘦

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

2:34 A.M.

I stared hopelessly at the worn out Panasonic alarm clock, praying for sunrise to come just a bit sooner. I slowly treaded to the restroom and flicked on the light, wincing at the image before me. My face was untouched but my neck and chest... was covered in an abundance of gashes and bruises.

Dennis paid a visit and got his revenge for what had happened the last time he was here. I raised a shaky hand over the now purple and black bruises that repulsively painted my body. I dressed my wounds properly and slowly walked to my living room, looking around at the cluttered mess we had made while I tried to escape his grasp. I walked over to the corner where one of my pictures had fallen. It was a picture I had taken in the Spring of '83; a picture of the sun rising.

The corner of my lip twitched upward, making me pathetically chuckle to myself. The feeling of capturing a moment as sweet as this; it was euphoric. Ever since my life began to spiral at the tender age of ten, photography has been my only way of coping through my pain. However, Dennis has ruined that for me by breaking my camera and although I have the funds to purchase another, I wanted to see if I'd be able to cope without the use of taking a picture.

I can't.

I walked back to my bedroom with the framed photo in hand, placing it on my bed gently. The aching sound of nothingness was something I couldn't bear; it was just too much for me. There was only one word that could properly describe this excruciating feeling:

Loneliness.

As I sat quietly against the wooden headboard of my bed with my knees up to my chest, I pondered on a time when life wasn't so lonely.

SUMMER 1973 -
PARIS, FRANCE

"Papa!"

"My little Pandora," he walked up and placed a small kiss onto my cheek. "Did maman (mommy) make you lunch for today?"

"Yeah, disgusting marmalade again," I pouted while looking down at the ground.

"Hey, it's all we can afford at the moment. I promise, tomorrow night we'll save up to have Beouf Bourguignon."

"Yay!" I shouted excitedly before hugging him tightly.