𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟕 || 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"Let's take ten," I said into the microphone before walking offstage. Frank announced the tour just like he said he would and so far, I've been rehearsing since. I finally got ahold of the paperwork Frank so graciously kept from me and to say that I'm livid is an understatement.

Sixteen months, seven legs, one hundred and twenty three shows.

I barely survived the few months of my previous tour and now, I have to find a way to muster up strength for almost two years. All I can think about was the undeniable fatigue that I'll be experiencing because of this tour and that terrifies me greatly. The chronic insomnia that was slowly but surely fading will creep back up on me and I'll have to live through this senseless cycle once more.

I grabbed a small towel I had brought with me, wiping the unwanted sweat from the dampened area of my face. As I walked down the backstage hallway, I heard the muffled voices of my manager and John Draper, my tour manager.

"...which is why I need you to be on board with this," I heard John persuasively voice.

"No way," Frank's voice now sounding more clear. "I'm not agreeing to that."

"Agreeing to what exactly?" I asked, taking both men by surprise.

"Nothin' to worry about," Frank patted my shoulder. "John just had a few ideas that I feel wouldn't be suited for you."

"Such as?" I asked, now intrigued by what John had to say.

"A gathering of talents," John stated. "Many artists have gotten invitations to a banquet that I'm sure you'd enjoy. Everyone's going to be there and it's taking place this Saturday."

"All except Michael," Frank snarled. "We have way too much to get done and-"

"Well, what do you think Michael? How do you feel about going to the banquet?"John emphasized, seeming to want my input.

"W-Well I think it would be a great way to network," I ultimately stated, scratching the back of my neck. "I would like to-"

"No," Frank shook his head. "Listen Draper and listen to me good. You manage the tour, I manage the kid. Got it?" he fumed before taking a puff of his cigar.

"By all means," Draper raised his hands in surrender and Frank angrily walked away from us. "He seems to be in a good mood about this."