𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟕 || 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"Jackson," I answered my landline while tiredly rubbing my eyes and yawning.

"MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON!" the familiar voice shouted through the receiver. Whatever tiredness I had in my body quickly departed and I was now wide awake. My tour around Asia had ended and my next leg wasn't until exactly a month from now. I decided that it would be best to go home and rest until then considering how much of a toll touring takes on my body.

"M-Mother?"

"Don't 'mother' me! You haven't stopped by Hayvenhurst in months and I tried to catch you before you left for Japan only to be told you rescheduled your flight to an earlier date?"

"Mother," I whispered before looking at the beautiful sight beside me. Ophelia was sleeping peacefully with her arm wrapped around my torso. After what happened in Japan, things between us have been a bit more intense. I would like to say this is a good thing but lately, Ophelia becomes distant whenever we share somewhat of an 'intimate' moment.

Part of me wishes I wasn't so bold that night but nevertheless, I can see her protective walls shattering down with each significant moment we share. "I'm sorry. I know I should've called but a lot has been going on and-"

"I understand I just... miss my son," she sighed. "I saw everything on the news. Your shows were incredible baby."

"Thank you," I smiled upon hearing my mother's approval. "I missed you too, more than you can imagine."

"Michael," Ophelia softly called while shuffling around.

"I-Is that a woman I hear?" mother gasped excitedly. "Michael baby are you seein' someone?"

"Mother please," I sighed.

"I'm gonna go freshen up. Good morning by the way," Ophelia stated before releasing me from her grasp.

"Oh my gosh! Michael that is a woman! You didn't tell me you have a girlfriend!" she exclaimed, causing me to wince. "This is so exciting! Could you two swing by today so that I can meet the lovely young lady?"

"I don't have a girlfriend," I shook my head. "Well, I wish she was my girlfriend but-"

"Bring her over tonight for dinner. What's her name?"