𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝐫𝐝, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟕 || 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"I like you, Ophelia."

A large, uncomfortable lump formed within my throat and I was left standing in complete shock. My lips slightly parted at his forbidden confession and frankly, I couldn't hold back my laughter any longer.

"What?" I laughed hysterically. "Okay that was a good joke now come, let's go finish packin' my bags."

"I'm not playing around Lia," Michael persisted as he stepped closer to me. "I'm serious, I really like you."

My facial expression softened and the helpless look within his eyes revealed to me that he was indeed serious. Now agitated, I turned on my heel and continued walking to my car without uttering a single word. I could hear his heavy footsteps behind me and then, a sudden touch on my back caused me to turn in his direction.

"Lia why are you-"

"You're lying," I deadpanned.

"But I'm not," he whined. "Why would I lie about something as serious as this? Lia, I-"

"Save it," I rolled my eyes.

There's no way that anyone could take a liking to me, especially after learning about my past. He must've hit his head somewhere along the way to Mrs. Russell's house because clearly, his brain is scrambled.

"Lia, please. Hear me out will ya?" Michael pleaded, his innocent, doe eyes gazing into my soul.

"O-Okay..." I surrendered.

"From the moment you bumped into me," he began while taking grasp of my manicured hands. "And I saw that beautiful face of yours, I wondered why you'd want to hide it from the world. You're the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on and that's the honest truth. I find myself not being able to focus at rehearsals because you're always on my mind and... sometimes I smile to myself when I think about you. I like your personality, most definitely. You're stubborn, audacious, rude-"

"Hey!" I shoved him, causing him to laugh carelessly.

"But you're also sweet, caring, and very rarely- compassionate."

"You're pushin' it Jackson," I squinted.

"But I like you for you. You don't sugarcoat anything. You're straightforward which is what really attracts me toward you. I've never met a woman like you in my life and I... thank God for it every single day."