𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘺

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟕𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟗 || 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐨, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚 — 𝐇𝐚𝐲𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"...and I guess Mike is takin' his sweet time— oh! Speakin' of the workaholic himself," mother chuckled as I stepped inside of the living room, a tiresome grin threatening to raise as I walked toward her. "You've been gone since what? Five this mornin'?"

"I had head up to Los Olivos— hey mother," she interrupted me with a kiss on the cheek, in which I reciprocated. "They started working on the main house a month ago and I wanted to take a few peaks to see if they'd brought some of my vision to life. It's lookin' really promising."

"I'm happy for you baby."

"Hey Dunk," I greeted while walking over and bending down to kiss her cheek from the seated position she was in.

"Hey Mike, you missed it! Lia was contractin' and we all thought she was about to pop," she enthused excitedly, her hands waving dramatically. My eyes widened in fear as the word 'pop' escaped her lips, my heart racing at a million miles per minute. "Wait— she's alright if that's what you're wonderin'. Sound asleep upstairs."

"Oh thank God," I exhaled heavily while placing a hand on my heart. My arm received a deserved slap and the hand on my heart quickly placed itself onto the now tinging area.

"Don't say the Lord's name in vain," mother scolded.

"M'sorry. I'm gonna go upstairs to Lia, I'll be back down after I take a shower."

"Wait son, before you go," mother called out, my head turning in her direction. "Ophelia's due date was two days ago, she'll be pushin' that baby out at any given moment. You ready to be a dad baby?"

It had been a while since I had such a strife-free smile from mother. She looked to be completely at peace. It was as if she needed me to find the peace I was looking for in order for her to do the same. I could tell she worried about me most— mainly because of my distant nature over the course of these years. But since Lia met my family, the bond I have with them has intensified immensely.

"I am," I nodded confidently, a smile raising my cheeks as the thought of Lia and Ava came into mind. I couldn't believe that the time had finally come for my girl to deliver our child. "I'm more than ready."

Teary eyed, mother nodded before I walked upstairs. My body was surely exhausted from today's activities but as my hand reached for my bedroom door, a jolt of energy surged throughout my body.