𖡼.𖤣𖥧3𖡼.𖤣𖥧

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧
Four Days From The Present

After what happened in Babylon and everyone spilt up, Adora went MIA like some of the others. She has been in many different places over the centuries but then around 1,500 years ago she found a nice clearing in Ireland. Since it was so long ago, nobody questioned when a large forest suddenly showed up out of nowhere.

Since she didn't have anyone else around to keep her company or help her this things like manual labor or protecting her home, Adora started to make people from trees, which they were called Dryads in Ireland.

They all had names of course that they had chosen themselves, especially the two that were closest to her, Bartholomew and Lief.

As far as it was nice and peaceful in her own little corner of the world, it was lonely without the other Eternals with her, especially Druig. Of course she was angry with him and sad at times but mostly she felt numb without people around her. The dryads helped but it wasn't the same.

In her fairy circle, as she liked to call it, was a large circle clearing in the middle of the forest she had created with her own two hands

With the help of the people she made, not in the way humans make smaller humans, Adora was able to make a little garden for food so that she wouldn't have to go into the nearest town all the time and a little cottage that had been her home.

Her routine was always the same. Get up, go check on everyone while making her rounds, water the garden and pulling out the weeds, having afternoon tea and reading, and so on and so forth.

Today, the sun with shinning, sometimes a cloud would come over to cover it but only for a second. One of her favorite times of weather other than right after it rained.

Adora decided to get a little later start on the day, staying in bed for a bit longer to read. Over the years, she had collected a sizable stack of books. Well, a stack and the three book shelves that were scattered around the house. On her lap at the moment was a book of Greek myths called "The Greek Myths" by Robin Waterfield.

As she flipped through the pages, her finger paused on the story of Hades and Persephone, one of her favorites, mostly because it was about her and Druig.

Around 3000 BC, Sprite had gone on a rampage telling many different stories about the others, history changing some of their names over the years. The one that she seemed to tell the most was the story of Druig and Adora, or Hades and Persephone.

The story about the Goddess of Spring, kind and warm to everything around her being taking down to the Underworld by Hades, the God of Death. They eventually end up falling in love, so much so that he let her go back up to the Overworld for a few months a year, which is why the Earth had spring.

Adora was clearly Persephone in this story, their powers were the same along with their personalities, even if this changed slightly over the centuries. And in turn Druig was Hades, leading men with his mind control to the Underworld. And, to Sprite, they were in love.

She almost scoffed at that.

'Love, love, love. What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing.'

***

As she walked out of her house, once the balls of her feet touched the grassy floor of the clearing, small white and yellow flowers started to grow around her, following her footsteps as she moved towards the garden.

Brushing against her legs was the lacy pink fabric of her dress with a sewn on strawberries pattern on it. Apparently to some of the girls in the local town square, this was very a very popular dress on social media at the moment which was nice.

Adora bent down slightly to pick up a small watering can and started tipping it over her vegetables as she walked before moving to the berry bushes. The air was so calm here that she enjoyed it. Hiking up her dress slightly so it didn't drag through the mud, her head looked up to see Bartholomew standing behind her.

Once he noticed that she had noticed his presence, the tree warrior crossed a hand over his chest and bowed to her. No matter how many times she had told them that they didn't need to do that every time they saw her.

"Good morning, Bartholomew. Everything going okay?" Adora asked him, pulling her attention away from her plants for a second. He seemed to smile at her before nodding happily, offering an arm to her to help the immortal out of the muddy plant beds. She took it and let him start leading her to the house for afternoon tea.

There were bunnies and other little animals that liked to take refuge in the fairy circle so she would see them running around often. There was a particular cat that she liked named George with black fur and golden eyes. He reminded her of...someone.

Before she could really process what was happening, her walking started to slow before coming to a complete stop. Her mouth gaped, eyes blinking while she tried to understand what was happening to her.

Pain flashed through her.

Adora dropped to her knees, one of her hands clawing at her chest before going for her neck, like she was trying to rip the skin off herself. She was screaming in agony, tears starting to roll down her cheeks.

Because of her ability, she could feel the life force of things around her, or in this case, things she had a connection with. The other Eternals. Which meant she could feel when one of them was injured. But this was different, this was soul sucking. And the strongest of the energy pull that she could feel out of the ten was...Ajak.

The grass beneath her started to wither away, the Earth starting to feel her pain as well. Bartholomew, as much as he wanted to help her in anyway he could, knew it would be his death if he stepped a foot more towards her.

Adora held her neck, gripping it tightly as she screamed in bloodily murder, pleading with Arishem that it would stop.

Her painful screams soon turned in silent sobs as she bent forward over her knees, clutching her chest as the reality of what just happened sunk it.

Ajak was dead.

The grass stopped dying around her, giving the dryad the okay to help her. The blonde looked over to Bartholomew, and Lief who had been watching the whole thing like everyone there. The two of them had a silent conversation, the creature giving her a nod while he started to help her up.

Adora would need to find the others.

a/n: right, okay, so would you guys want a Barry Keoghan book based off the fliming of Eternals with an oc with Adora's face claim? (sorry that was a terrible explanation)