𖡼.𖤣𖥧4𖡼.𖤣𖥧

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧
Babylon

Adora had drown out the voices of Sprite as she was telling stories while making large illusions in the air.

The blonde had been grazing her hand along the walls of the temple, creating ivy growing flowers in the process, for the pass fifteen minutes as she had gotten overwhelmed by the noise, muttering to Druig with her mind not to silence the people just for her benefit. Begrudgingly no doubt, he didn't and let her have her time to calm down.

When she came back, the story telling was over and people had gone back to their business of partying. Druig was on the outskirts of the party, in the corner of the area, sitting down in one of the seats as he ignored everyone while looking for her.

The eternal's face visibly lit up at the sight of her walking back towards him. She was looking at the ground in embarrassment as she signed to him, "Hi, Druig."

"Hello, beautiful Adora." He said in a slightly softer tone, not wanting to add to the excessive noise that was already bothering her. He felt annoyed at the fact they were celebrating something that they always did and upset that Adora pushed herself so far that she fell mute.

She walked over to him, sitting down next to him before turning her body so she could place her head in his lap, not daring to place any of her body weight on him.

"I'm sorry this happened so quickly." Adora signed remorsefully to him, referring to her going mute so eariler into the party.

"It's not your fault, darling. Don't blame yourself for something you can't control." He said in response, brushing his fingers over the edges of her forehead to pull the hairs falling down away from her face.

"Can you just do the thing?"

He only nodded in response before pressing his first two fingers to her temples, letting little bits of his power surge through her. When things got to overwhelming, to distract her, Druig would use his powers to send calming thoughts to her to calm her a bit.

Her eyes fluttered closed, hiding the green eyes he admired so deeply, as thoughts of grassy meadows, lazy creeks and other things like that.

This continued for about 10 minutes before a small gust of wind fanned over her, causing Adora to open her eyes once more.

The fastest of the Eternals appeared, a small collection of different artifacts in her arms that she quickly dumped onto the table. She looked over to where Druig and Adora was and immediately got worried.

"What happened?" Makkari signed to them.

"Too much noise." The mind controller signed back.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry." She signed to the blonde who signed back a thank you.

Adora started to drown everything out again as she pulled Druig hand back down to her forehead, letting his thumb start to make circles against her skin. He didn't notice as he had started to translate Makkari's sign language in Akkadian for the humans to understand. But when he looked back down, the girl in his lap had completely fallen asleep.

He smiled, thinking for a second that she was so beautiful, so undisturbed, that he thought for a second that he should have kissed her on the forehead but changed his mind quickly with a shake of his head.

***

"The steam engine!" Phastos said with excitement as he held out his arms towards the glittering model that floated in the air.

Ajak stood next to him in the middle of the Domo's lab area. Adora and Druig stood off to the side, the girl sitting on top of a black marble table while Druig was leaned against it next to her.

His elbow was brushing against her thigh. Sprite was across from them on the other side of the room, watching the two of them and not understanding how they couldn't realize they were clearly in love with each other.

"It's too soon." The leader quickly said after a second of consideration. Echoing footsteps coming from the open hallway beside them and out coming trotting towards them was Sersi. "There she is."

"I'm sorry, what did I miss?" She asks.

"Just Phastos sinking into self pity." Adora said with a mischievous smile, looking at Phastos. The man next to her chuckled under his breath at the other mans dead pan look he was giving her.

"You know what, it was cute at first, the two of you but now it's annoying. She's turning into you." Phastos grumbled.

The two of them said nothing, Druig only nudging her legs for time to time as Ajak cut in. "I am sure you have something simpler."

The black man turned his head to her, eyebrows raised as he asked, "Simpler?"

He turned his design over, throwing almost everything out and rearranging pieces until they looked like something completely different.

"Ladies and gentleman...the plow." His voice was monotone as he presented his creation.

"What does it do exactly?" Adora asked. Druig look back at her with a questioning look before saying, "Ora, it plows things...it's right in the name."

"Oh hush." A small vine wrapped it's self down her arm and slapped his arm to make him stop chuckling under his breath at her but still had a small smile in her face at him loosening up.

a/n: right so I did as you guys wanted and I wrote a Barry Keoghan book, it's up now if you guys want to go read it