Chapter 4 - Second Chance

Chapter 4 - Second chance

A few hours before.

Rong Yuhang opened his eyes, and within them held uncontainable hatred and resentment with hints of madness and insanity.

It was as if he was in a trance, unable to extracate himself but when he finally came to his senses, the clarity over his eyes had returned when he saw the scenery before him, he was very confused.

Taking a moment of rest, he could examine his state. If he remembered correctly, this was his room back at his mansion as the Seventh Prince.

But that was one of the most confusing parts he couldn't wrap his head around. There were no wounds, injuries or a single mark on his body. And he felt no pain.

His last memory consisted of the vivid agony of being pierced by a thousand blades, unable to resist nor die a quick death.

At that time, Rong Yuhang felt he had gone crazy and lost his rationality, unable to extracate himself from the turmoil of explosive emotions.

So I've gone back to the past?

I've been reborn?

He clenched his fists and walked up to the mirror to find that his appearance had become younger.

There were no heavy eyebags under his phoenix shaped eyes, his eyes weren't bloodshot and neither did he appear haggard but his blood coloured eyes appeared to have gone through the vicissitudes of life.

This nostalgic appearance made him feel somewhat sentimental.

Judging from the appearance, the body's age should be eighteen and the red robes littered on the floor in a mess, Rong Yuhang looked back through his memories, digging back to the buried and dusty information and realised it was the day of his wedding with a member of the Zheng family.

Thinking about his marriage in his past life, he couldn't help but sneer mockingly.

The person he was meant to marry was the second young lady of the Zheng family, but instead, he was given the adopted son who didn't even have a single blood relation to them.

In his previous life, Rong Yuhang did not like his marriage. It didn't matter who it was for him since he didn't like anyone, even if it was the Yantian Empire's number one beauty.

As for the Zheng family, they weren't worth anything in Rong Yuhang's eyes, the cause for the marriage was granted by the emperor.

So Rong Yuhang didn't go to the wedding night to see his newly wedded wife. But he didn't expect, on the night of their wedding, not even a day in, and his newly wedded wife had committed suicide in the wedding chambers.

Although Rong Yuhang didn't care, he just ordered someone to clean the corpse and had never looked back.

But now...

Flicking his sleeves, his robes fluttered along as he made his way to the wedding chambers.

......

Once Rong Yuhang arrived, he blasted the door open with his Qi. All his attention grasped onto the figure in red, sitting on the bed with a dagger in his hand about to pierce his own chest.

Inwardly, Rong Yuhang sneered. It was the same as his previous life, he wanted to kill himself! As soon as he stepped in, he released his cultivation base and watched the frail and delicate looking man's face pale at a rate visible to the naked eyes.

......

Rong Yuhang left Luo Mingli and went back to his own room, closing his eyes in deep thought.

His bestowed partner was a man. And it was an incredibly weak and frail looking one. However, this was initially his impression but when he interacted with him, it subverted his previous impression.

Weak and delicate on the outside, calm and steady on the inside.

It couldn't be said he didn't expect someone who was forced into a marriage with him would choose to do something like killing themselves, but to think that their own family would harm their own child instead.

But then again, Luo Mingli wasn't their child nor a part of their family so it was quite reasonable to use this chance to get rid of him.

Rong Yuhang had looked down on Luo Mingli before meeting him. To commit suicide just because he was married to him, just how weak was his will and perseverance?

This was only a small episode in his life, nothing worth mentioning so he had forgotten about such a trivial event. Now, his thoughts changed and this refreshed image of Luo Mingli gave him an inkling of a new future.

Rong Yuhang made a dark chuckle as he thought about it.

The Zheng family huh?

Now that he had realised it, he had no idea what the name of that man was. After all, he had no interest in such a forced marriage, especially with a family which he despised and disdains.

Zheng Yingbiao...

He would definitely get revenge against this man.

He participated in bringing him down quite actively, all for the sake of a man who had more than one spare tires.

Now that he had been reborn, he can slowly savour the sweet revenge.

As for his new wife that he saved, Rong Yuhang decided to keep him alive. The more his present life diverges from his past life, the more variables would come but he was confident in his ability to sieze opportunities.

__________