Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Back at the mansion, Rong Yuhang's punishment was taking place where he was not allowed to leave the mansion for three months.

The emperor had not said anything about Luo Mingli so he was free to go anywhere. He was thinking of buying some herbs to make medicine and poisons but then realised he was penniless until the dowry arrives which was expected to come in a months time.

That was too long...

Luo Mingli was broke.

This had never happened to him before in his entire 30 years of living and he didn't know how to feel.

Without any choice left, he went to go find Rong Yuhang. After spending a few days at the seventh prince's mansion, Luo Mingli had memorised the entire layout that he could walk around with his eyes blindfolded.

When he reached the doors leading to Rong Yuhang's room, Luo Mingli knocked three times. "Your highness, are you here?"

Luo Mingli didn't hear a response but just directly opened it and walked straight in. "Apologies for my intrusion your highness."

Rong Yuhang was sat by the window in a languid and leisurely style. His robes were laid out on his body lazily, draped down like waterfalls in spring. The petals and leaves fell while swaying along the direction of the wind as his black hair spread out like threads of silk. The only difference was the cold and emotionless expression which didn't fit the playful scenery presented.

Unaffected by this scenery, Luo Mingli had come for only one purpose. "Your highness, this one is lacking in the financial department and hopes your highness can depart with some spiritual stones."

Rong Yuhang didn't even look at Luo Mingli as he spoke in a salty yet sweet tone. "So my dearest wife decided to barge into my room to see me because they were lacking wealth?"

There was a red flower in his hand as he plucked a petal off slowly. He seemed to be in a trance.

"Your highness must understand the difficulties this one suffers from."

Rong Yuhang didn't hold back on lifting the corner of his lips and letting out a small laugh. Then, in one fellow movement, he crushed the flower's petals with his left hand and scattered it across the floor.

He stood up and disappeared from the window to right in front of Luo Mingli. His left hand, which was now dripping with the floral scent, combed through Luo Mingli's hair with gentle action. "How much difficulties are you suffering from? Tell this Prince, we'll see if I do understand."

Luo Mingli, "..."

Breathing in, Luo Mingli found that he needed to wash his hair now, the flower juices made his hair sticky and gross.

Therefore, Luo Mingli decided to be blunt." I'm broke your highness, I am in need of money. Would your highness be kind enough to give some to me?"

Rong Yuhang smiled tenderly while spitting out one word. "No."

His face spelled the words mischievous and his eyes were showing a hint of grievance. "Am I only here to count the money for you?"

"We are now wedded your highness, whoever counts the money shouldn't matter ne?"

"No." He rubbed his left hand on Luo Mingli's cheek and said. "Why don't you offer yourself some use to me and I'll think about it."

"No one will like you like this your highness."

"It's fine. I already have a wife who is going to be with me for this lifetime." A blooming smile was on Rong Yuhang's face which was enough to last a season and the mole beside his lips hooked enchantingly.

It was a shame the only person to appreciate his beauty didn't appreciate it. Luo Mingli noticed but he was rather immune to such charms, maybe if he did fall in love with Rong Yuhang, he probably wouldn't be as immune.

But sadly, there wasn't anyone to appreciate his beauty just like how nobody would appreciate his beauty in this life. Luo Mingli was actually known as one of the most handsome and elegant men in his previous world and was constantly number 1 when it came to most desirable men top 10 list or anything of the sort.

But now, no matter how beautiful he is, Luo Mingli was just a pitifully weak, malnourished and wastrel material who couldn't even cultivate.

Luo Mingli smiled fakely while adding some coldness in his eyes. "Yes, your highness is very lucky his partner has such a big heart."

"Since you're lacking in spiritual stones, this Prince will take you down the city."

"Is your highness not currently on house arrest on the emperor's orders? Is it alright to be so dismissive?" Luo Mingli questioned. It would be bad if Rong Yuhang got punished more severely for disobeying.

However, Rong Yuhang was completely unconcerned. He gave a cheeky smile that was brimming with confidence. " It doesn't matter. They won't know if they don't see. "

From his qiankun pouch, Rong Yuhang pulled out some clothes and what seemed like a disguise kit.

Luo Mingli looked at Rong Yuhang who was putting a disguise on. "Your highness is really unafraid of dragons and tigers."

' Immortal's Journey To Greatness' had noted that the villain was very talented at disguise techniques, which gave the protagonist a hard time tracking him down, allowing him to escape many times and pit him back as well.

Right now, the plot should be around the time the protagonist made his way to the capital city of Yantian empire with the second male lead, Zheng Yingbiao. They would make their way to the Wujian pavilion to buy a herb for the protagonist to make alchemy.

That is also where the first interaction between the main villain and the protagonist meet!

How exciting.

But because this cannon fodder body survived, the villain's route had diverged from the original and now he couldn't even leave his mansion without disguising himself.

Luo Mingli had not forgotten the novel but he didn't take it to heart much. He would not allow his fated partner to die such a horrible end and the thought of going against the child of heaven didn't faze him at all.

All his life, everything Luo Mingli did and experienced was a breeze, and now that he entered the difficult path, he wanted to see how this life would give him a hard time.

_________