Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Rong Yuhang picked up the golden scroll.

The black hole closed and turned back to the white wooden cube with its usual white glow, back into Luo Mingli's hands.

After picking it up, Rong Yuhang tried to unscroll it but it wouldn't budge at all as if it had been glued together. "It's not budging at all."

After trying a few more times to no avail, Rong Yuhang just gave up and shrugged before throwing it on the ground and stepping on it. Taken aback, Lou Mingli blinked and covered his mouth.  Suddenly, a blast of purple aura exploded making them step back in surprise.

The purple aura condensed into a single point in the air and transformed into a tangible form.  It was a dragon. The purple dragon roared, a penetrating sound embed with qi.

Rong Yuhang lifted his arm in defence, his black robes fluttering violently, but the purple dragon rushed straight at him, as if trying to swallow him whole, the energy surrounded Rong Yuhang, trapping him in a cage. It was a type of attack that stunned the mind immobile, where one could only watch themselves be devoured.

The purple dragon rushed into Rong Yuhang with vigor, the slit eyes shining a golden lustre. At the moment of impact, like a figment of imagination, the dragon dispersed into mist, leaving a trail of purple aura in its dissapation.

In Luo Mingli's eyes, it looked like the purple dragon was absorbed into Rong Yuhang, enveloping his entire body in a mystical aura that would would call forth rumbles throughout heaven and earth. The scroll also disappeared and Rong Yuhang's eyes were closed as he stood still. Luo Mingli came over and stared at his face, a handsome face which could topple cities down.

"Your highness?" He called out. Getting no response, Luo Mingli smiled and flicked his finger on his forehead. No response. 'Seems something is happening inside his spiritual conscious.'

After a few minutes, Rong Yuhang opened his eyes, out of his daze and saw Luo Mingli standing there in front of him. "What are you doing?"

Luo Mingli paused for a moment before stepping back. "Finished your highness?"

Rong Yuhang raised his eyebrow at him and nodded. "Yeah."

Then he looked at the wooden cube in Luo Mingli's hand and said with a tone irrefutable. "We're bringing this thing along."

And with that, Luo Mingli took the cube and put it away. They made their way out of the white room and back into the treasury.

"Did your highness gain something useful?" Luo Mingli asked.

Rong Yuhang, "What do you think my wife? Care to take a guess?"

Luo Mingli turned away, speaking politely. "This one is unable to guess and my thoughts are not as broad as your highness. Hoping your highness is magnanimous to enlighten this one."

"You're always speaking so politely. People would think you're my servant rather than my wife."

"Your highness dislikes it?"

Rong Yuhang appeared behind Luo Mingli and wrapped his arms around his waist. Then, he spoke very closely to his ear with a sullen tone. "That makes this prince incredibly sad that his wife would think this way. With such impeccable social etiquette, how could I not appreciate your virtues."

Luo Mingli felt the tingle in his ear and couldn't help shuddering before he pried Rong Yuhang's hands off his body and in a cold voice, said. "This one cannot bear your highness' sadness. This one will reflect on himself."

All joking aside, Rong Yuhang finally told Luo Mingli what he experienced. "The scroll ended up in my spiritual conscious but I don't know what it's for. Say my dear, what do you think?"

Luo Mingli thought deeply but he wasn't sure either. "Apologies but this one will have to disappoint your highness. I do not know the answer."

Then he flicked the naughty hand away that was playing with his hair. They left the white room and came back to the treasury. They both decided to keep the white cube a secret and choose something else to hide it as the emperor would have to approve of the items they take out.

"Your highness, what else should we take back with us then?" Luo Mingli's question snapped him out of his thoughts and he struggled to process for a moment.

As Rong Yuhang was thinking, Luo Mingli proposed another option. "Since your highness can't think of one, why don't we just take the bone I wanted to pick up from last time?"

Rong Yuhang's expression instantly darkened and he staunchly refused. "Do you want me to replace one of your tooth with it? I think your teeth aren't sharp enough, it should work well for biting. If not, then don't mention it again."

Just remembering his face almost being disfigured, Rong Yuhang was tempted to wipe its existence from the universe. He already forgot that the one who actually did that was the cube.

Luo Mingli was not afraid of such a thing happening, if worse comes to worst, he would just get the cube to come out and protect him since it seemed quite attached to him.

The cube had been emitting a soothing aura which would relax the nerves so Luo Mingli was even calmer than usual but his mind remained vigilant and alert.

"Then may I choose something for myself?"

"I will never treat my wife badly, choose at your will. Just don't bring up the previous thing or don't blame me for not respecting your choices."

Luo Mingli couldn't help secretly laughing at Rong Yuhang's childish behaviour. He must be really traumatised.

After looking through the entire treasury, turning the entire place upside down, Rong Yuhang finally chose a grade 6, high level Reconstructing Meridian body pill for himself.

Curious about his choice, Luo Mingli asked. "Why did your highness choose this pill?"

He could instantly analyse that it was a high level pill that breaks the meridians down along with the muscles to build them up again so that they become much sturdier and flexible to hold more energy inside the body.

It was a pretty good level pill in Luo Mingli's eyes and was done by a very talented alchemist to ensure the purity levels are above 70%.

As the protagonist was an alchemist, the novel described the levels of Alchemy. Pills went from grade 1, which is the lowest grade pills to refine, to grade 9, the highest grade and only a select few that could be counted on one hand could create grade 8 pills and above.

Along with the level of the pills, there were also the grades: low / middle / high / heavenly /supreme, which represents the purity levels.

"I'm planning to abolish my cultivation." He smiled carelessly that it completely sounded like a joke but Luo Mingli only nodded seriously.

"So once your highness abolishes your cultivation, the pill will reconstruct your body and make it stronger when you recultivate. That's not a bad idea but it will be quite painful."

Rong Yuhang looked at Luo Mingli with surprise, "How do you know all this? Aren't you hated by the Zheng family? They shouldn't have bothered to teach you any of this."

Luo Mingli gave an offended eye roll, his voice frosty and detatched. "Although my comprehension may pale in comparison to your highness, this one is intelligent enough to self learn. As for the Zheng family, they may not want to teach me, but I have other ways to learn."

There was a disdainful smile on his face which held some contempt when mentioning the surname 'Zheng'.

" My wife is the most intelligent." Rong Yuhang knew his little wife wasn't as easy of a person to deal with. Only, it was a pity he hadn't saved him in his previous life when his wife was so fun to mess with. As for his cultivation, the words he spoke rang in his mind causing him to smirk a little mischievously but it vanished as quickly as it came.

Because the time was nearing close, Luo Mingli decided to take a brush. The brush was made of jade, fine and delicate, light in weight and the material of the bristles were soft and flexible. It was a high quality brush that made Luo Mingli's eyes shine.

Their time was up and they left the treasury with their wedding gifts prepared to be approved and sent to the seventh prince's mansion.

___________