Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Throughout their entire shopping spree after the little incident, Rong Yuhang was in a good mood and generously bought Luo Mingli what he wanted.

Rong Yuhang flapped the red fan in his hand in a slow, elegant manner. It made him look quite refined and scholarly-like. He had also changed his robes as it had been ruined in the fight.

Just like that, they made their way back to the seventh prince's mansion.

As for the protagonists, they were left to deal with the aftermath which further enhanced their hatred of Rong Yuhang, it's a shame they would only be wasting time and manpower for people who don't even exist.

.....

During this time, Luo Mingli had created many poison for self defence while making medicine to help his weakened body from years of abuse.

At that time, Luo Mingli knew his inadequacies so instead of prioritising on how to get his spiritual roots awakened, it would be better to focus on other things, such as having little tricks that would help in battle or creating arrays, using spiritual stones as the source.

Another problem Luo Mingli had noticed was the food. Rong Yuhang was a cultivator so he had no need to eat but as a mortal, Luo Mingli couldn't go without it. Especially with his current physique, nutrients from food was an absolute.

However, he couldn't trust the servants with the food lest they serve him poisoned meals. Luo Mingli could only depend on himself and make his own food.

When his master took care of him, he didn't feed him food. Instead, Luo Mingli had been consistently fed with pills and spiritual fruits. As for proper meals? His master told him his skin was too delicate for that but knew it was because his master was too lazy and probably didn't even know how to cook.

He went into the kitchen and made all the servants leave. After inspecting the food and the utensils, Luo Mingli concluded nothing was wrong with them before making his own meal.

After that, he set them down on the table and ate quietly. He wasn't exactly the best chef in the world but he had practiced it to a decent level.

During his mealtime, Rong Yuhang had walked in and gave out a charming smile. His black robes swayed as he walked with light, brisk steps. Luo Mingli continued to eat without even turning his head.

When Rong Yuhang sat down across him, he finally put his bowl and chopsticks down since he had finished eating.

"To what do I owe the presence of your highness?"

Rong Yuhang glanced at the finished plate then back at Luo Mingli's face, his tone playful yet indifferent. "What do you think?"

There was a sly smirk on his face; Luo Mingli paid no heed to such an expression since this seventh Prince always had ways to mess around.

"This one is clueless. May your highness enlighten this one." Although he asked, it sounded more like a statement.

Out of nowhere, Rong Yuhang pulled our a fan and started fanning himself softly. The wind blew against his ebony hair and the gentle breeze enhanced his already ethereal appearance. He stood up and made his way next to Luo Mingli who was sat down, and...

Budged him out of half the seat.

Rong Yuhang's flamboyant black robes covered part of Luo Mingli's body as he sat down and practically squashed him.

He flapped the fan closed lifted Luo Mingli's chin to the side facing himself and his lips curved, eyes slightly upturned. He looked like an evil enchantress seducing people left and right.

"We're going to..." His lips moved and dragged his voice out. "Find you your burial site!"

Luo Mingli, "..."

His whole body exuded coldness. He never once showed any emotion on his face but he didn't bother hiding his aura what so ever.

"I would rather die from being struck by lightning with no corpse left than find a burial site your highness ever so generously thought for me. Thank you for your thoughtfulness however." Luo Mingli didn't want to sit on the same seat as this villain and moved the fan from his chin walking up and bowing.

" You can still thank me even though you don't want this thoughtful prince's ideas?" Then a small spark of purple appeared on the palm of his hand and he mused. "I can grant you your wish of dying from thunder right now."

The small spark landed right next to Luo Mingli's hair, snapping it apart and a sizzling sound numbed his ear.

His expression cooled as he expressed his thoughts.

"Not required your highness. I prefer natural thunder rather than man-made thunder."

"Is my thunder not naturally made though? It's not like I created thunder from nowhere. Don't be mad my wife, I will bring you to the best burial site, full of natural thunder then." A string of hair wrapped around Rong Yuhang's fingers as he brushed it out.

Luo Mingli couldn't tell what this prince was thinking, his expression was obscure, vague and unclear, yet so sincere it was as fake as it could get.

He turned around, paying no attention to Rong Yuhang as he was about to leave.

Maybe that was why this villain was chosen to be his fated partner, Luo Mingli thought.

But then again, Rong Yuhang was just a playful scum who had psychopathic tendencies born to try and piss him off.

"You can't leave yet my dear wife."

Luo Mingli ignored him.

"Or else you can stop leaving here forever if you wish to do so."

Luo Mingli paused in his steps, turning his head's direction to Rong Yuhang and scrutinzed his every action. Being threatened was something he hated.

But he knew when to adjust to the situation and was flexible. Walking back, Luo Mingli sat down opposite Rong Yuhang, their seats reversed.

Luo Mingli poured himself some tea and drank calmly. "What does your highness wish to speak with me?"

All emotion vanished in that sentence, it was spoken flatly and plainly. Rong Yuhang could tell grudges were building inside Luo Mingli and he found it a bit funny and cute at the same time.

He should probably stop provoking him but he couldn't help himself, it was quite addicting. Killing him so quickly would be the same as giving him boredom again, although his revenge was what mainly drove him this life.

"There's only a week left until my punishment is over, We're heading out two days after that. Understand? Since you understand make sure you're all ready by then." With those words, Rong Yuhang didn't even bother to pay anymore attention to Luo Mingli as he disappeared from sight.

Luo Mingli drank the last remaining tea in his cup with the elegance and bearing of a scholar.

" What a scumbag. "

_________