Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Your highness, please do us a favour and find the exit." Luo Mingli gestured in politeness. The two were in the dark, with no way of knowing where the exit was.

"Are you bossing me around?" Raising his eyebrow, Rong Yuhang spread his spiritual consciousness around fifty kilometres and took the lead in guiding the way out despite his words.

In grand gesture, Luo Mingli graciously lipped out, "Your highness is the sky above the clouds, the moon reflected in waters, the brightest star in the galaxy, an immortal most loved across the vast land. Even heaven and earth must bow to your will when a word is spoken. Who can order or boss someone as majestic as his highness himself?"

An unnoticeable twitch came from Rong Yuhang's lips as the flowery words passed through his ears. His hand froze for a fraction of a second before smacking a snake away.

His lips hooked into a somewhat disdainful yet amusing smile." How come your flattering is better than the officials by the emperor's side? I'm going to get really suspicious of you now."

"We are married your highness, suspecting your partner who is scorned by the masses, who would be willing to engage in affairs with this lowly one?" His answer was spoken as a statement, smoothly and without interruptions.

Rong Yuhang stared and threatened with a dangerous tone," Anyone brave enough to start an affair around me can be rest assured their death wish shall be handled personally by the presence of this prince!"

……

The cave was enormous with intricate tunnels but with Rong Yuhang, it wasn't before long until they reached an exit. The bright sun shone over their heads, Luo Mingli squinted his eyes slightly, adjusting to the new light.

But the moment they witnessed the sight in front of them, they fell silent.

The first to speak was Luo Mingli. "Your highness, it seems our unlucky streak has not yet ended."

Both of them didn't move a step forward, the ground in front of them wasn't a ground, but a large swamp spanning across acres of land. The discoloured water reminded people of sewage waste and the gloopy texture had bubbles of various sizes; once they popped, a foul smell would attack the lungs in a devastating manner. Neither could see below the swamp, the colour too opaque for the eyes to bare past, so what creatures and the depth remained unknown.

It wasn't until the surface of the swamp began to rise in an abrupt manner, that a large creature, about the size of a building emerged from under the swamp, its hard skin washed down by the green water.

It didn't even hesitate in its strike, heading straight in Luo Mingli's direction. Rong Yuhang took him by the waist, and blocked with ease. The red fan appeared in his hand, and with a wave, spiritual energy gathered into a flurry of wind blades and sliced the large alligator-like creature into a bloody mess.

With no time to react, the alligator couldn't even defend as its head was sliced off, leaving its wide mouth open in stiffness.

"Many thanks for saving this one's life."

Rong Yuhang put Luo Mingli down but he didn't let go, only lamenting in false frustration. "Ah! My precious Mingming, how my heart hurts when you're the one being targeted instead of me. To think I almost lost you again, it's better to stick by my side."

Luo Mingli who was being squeezed, "..."

As Rong Yuhang wanted to continue this little drama for longer, he sensed the swamp in front of him changing. More and more presences emerged from the bottom of the swamp.