Chapter 20

Chapter 20

As they stood in front of the entrance, Rong Yuhang waved his new fan in front view with the words 'See but Cannot Touch'.

Elder Ji saluted in front of Rong Yuhang with a polite gesture as if expecting his presence. "It is a pleasant surprise to see your royal highness the seventh prince to come to this occasion."

The group of people in the same group as Rong Yuhang, heard elder Ji's words, had their mouth gaped wide in horror and shock, backing away several steps, building a boundary between them.

Luo Mingli lips curved but was brought down just as quickly, amusement in his eyes at their reactions. Rong Yuhang smiled meaninglessly at Elder Ji and asked, "Elder Ji has been sent by the emperor this time?"

Elder Ji's expression remained unchanged. "I have been chosen to be in charge for this year's opening."

"So all of our safety is rest assured on Elder Ji's shoulders." A flicker passed like the wind through Rong Yuhang's eyes as they narrowed into a blossoming flower.

Elder Ji couldn't decipher the meanings behind his words and could only reply."Yes. Your highness."

As he said that, Rong Yuhang looked at Luo Mingli with a faint expression. "Let's see how long you can last."

Luo Mingli deigned not to speak, only waiting for Rong Yuhang to move. Rong Yuhang chuckled at his behaviour and walked to the barrier, bringing out a silver plaque and walked inside with Luo Mingli.

... ...

When they arrived, Rong Yuhang didn't even have to open his eyes as his senses had already alerted him of an incoming attack. Holding Luo Mingli with his other hand, Rong Yuhang waved his right hand out and parried the strike with his palms, a clash of strength sent the entire air rumbling.

When he opened his eyes, he saw a large slithering creature about a hundred metres tall.

The creature raised its head, revealing two, long, sharp fangs at the front; drops of venom splattered to the ground, a sizzling sound with smoke flying into the air. A spine shivering "hiss" sounded, echoing through the walls and back.

Rong Yuhang parried the snake's tail, flying a few feet back at the malicious onslaught, with not even a moment to adapt to his new circumstances, Rong Yuhang could only passively defend.

Luo Mingli was held tightly, some lingering dizziness at the transition between the realms, now furthered by the rapid movements, leaving him no chance to get an understanding of the current events.

The damp, dark cave spanned a few miles. The ceiling was relatively high, but the darkness looming over the space was like a cloak for the large snake who's long figure blended in seamlessly.

Rong Yuhang finally adjusted to the darkness but was still at a disadvantage. Each strike was ruthless and the jagged spikes on the tail were sharp and vicious. In just a few moments, Rong Yuhang's sleeve had been grazed into a ragged piece of cloth. Another hiss sounded as Rong Yuhang distanced himself.

In that instant, a myriad of hisses reverberated throughout the cave, increasing in volume, as if mixing together to create a symphony.

"The walls are moving." Luo Mingli spoke.

Rong Yuhang had to split his consciousness between defending and surverying. He dodged the spit of venom, fanning a breath of wind.

Luo Mingli's vision blurred but he remained calm, examining the walls very carefully before shouting, "Turn left."

Rong Yuhang decisively turned, his right foot pressed down, cracking the ground before lifting off. In that moment, both of them witnessed a mass of snakes launch themselves in the same position they had previously been in, and the venom which he had been dodging had covered the entire area, like a spray, the entire pile of snakes hissed in pain before melting into a pile of mush.