trent alexander-arnold.

oscitancy

When the day went to rest, when they returned to each other from school or a football game or whenever there was simply nothing to do—Trent and Y/N liked to treat themselves with a late relax session. A way to finish off the week or day in peace, rather primal and benign. A moment or two away from social media and everything else artificial and adjusted about life. It gave them a moment of Trent and Y/N. Something quite rare and cherished during a time when sometimes the two just couldn't receive enough of one another.

Wandering into the shared bathroom, the two usually opted for a warm bath together first before anything else. Excluded and private and of bare bodies, it could carry or lack vulgar behaviour depending on the mood.

Maybe carrying that aspect when he would nip at their skin or squeeze one part and then another, forgetting the intent of taking a bath. But then a warm bath could lack. When they would help one another undress and fall into the bath, or hold hands for that extra feeling of being close even though Trent and Y/N were already body to body, soaked and evenly bare. Or even when Trent leaned forward on their shoulder and Y/N fell back on his chest. And they would talk, and laugh, and wait out the comfort of a warm bath.

Trent frowned, inspecting the product they held in their hand. "I feel like some of this is a bit unnecessary." Time spent together tending to one another's skincare was delicate and newly common. It was something Trent very much enjoyed, even with his lack of knowledge around it—rather clueless. How can you not enjoy being cared for by another? Not that he would admit it out loud. "What even is that?"

"You don't need to know." They applied the mask to his cheeks first, laughing to themself when Trent closed his eyes shut at the cold feeling. So dramatic, they thought. He could never get over the cold shocks despite feeling them more than enough to get used to them.

It started off as something reserved for Y/N time. Then Trent came into the picture, and prioritising skincare became a Trent and Y/N pass time. Knowing little to nothing about anything, they would help him tend to his skin. Not that there was much to correct of Trent. From one facial feature to another—brown (beloved) eyes, lips, hair (with debate)—he was perfect, quite possibly by far too much. A pretty boy, in simple, that's what he is.

Y/N stopped for a moment and focused on Trent, lips curling up for him. An outward grin. "Hi there."

And the thoughts were mutual. He would find himself staring at them as they worked on his face, soon falling into a daze. Suddenly, that cold feeling that he hated—the one he couldn't seem to get over—would die down. Inspecting everything that they weren't, inspecting them for everything that they were. And he would leave himself vulnerable when they caught onto his staring, looking away all too shy and inward to admit to his acts.

Or Trent would, much like now, respond with confidence and pucker his lips in hopes for a kiss. Wrapping his hands around them in hopes of bringing them closer. And, of course, never was this confidence turned away by Y/N, pressing a kiss to his lips, one small and full. A stunning person, even with minimum effort, that's what they are

The two pulled away from one another, causing Trent to sigh. "Hey," he said, leaning his cheek on their palm as he looked up at them from his seated place. Eyes caving in, unfocused and caught in a daze for the moment, Trent made it hard to differentiate between exhaustion and admiration towards another.

There was fun with what the two chose to do. Some singing and dancing (or whatever Trent was doing), where they would sing and he would voice the adlibs. It was atmosphere goofy and dramatic and quiet all at the same time. The way Y/N and Trent woke up with the sun was the same way they wanted to lay to rest—together and in rather happy spirits. Because at night, when day activities were completed or left for the following day, everything would eventually fall short from energy to attention span towards one another

The day wore the two out but the night together let them settle into fatigue with ease. Where conversations kept going until they no longer could, voices becoming drowsy and low and narrow until they faded out into yawns and hollowed breaths. Where kisses were left unfinished and forgotten once they fell back into bed with one another, falling into a low tempo.