emile smith-rowe.

best i have

Amy pulled away from the kitchen island once she finished wiping it down and hummed softly, to the background music but also in satisfaction. Curtains pushed back with windows wide open, furniture pulled back and out of the way to reach tough spots, clothes in the washing machine or hanging in the back garden. Such a day was labelled as Amy and Emile's day for a spring clean.

The deep cleaning, the scrubbing of every counter and not missing a spot, dusking the ceiling and every small appliance—she found a lot of enjoyment in spring cleaning. In fact, it was something Amy and Emile found a lot of enjoyment in. Spring cleaning, when they could spend a whole day cleaning with one another with a few breaks here and there. Gossiping about their days apart, drifting away from every other responsibility beyond the relationship with their favourite tunes bleeding through the house speakers.

"This is my song!" Amy chuckled when she heard Emile's voice, patting her wet hands on her apron. Best I Ever Had was the song that always seemed to get the best out of him, whatever the occasion.

There was no doubt that the music element of spring cleaning was his favourite part of it all. An aspect that let the boredom of cleaning pass by with some pace. It had Emile in high spirits and energetic and all smiles, offering Amy such great company. Perhaps the music got to him sometimes, the source of his distraction from actual cleaning. But it was all just too much entertainment to watch and listen to for Amy to tell him off about it.

Coming from the living room, Emile strolled into the kitchen with the lyrics of Drake slipping off his tongue with ease. A bit of rapping when he was feeling himself, humming and whistling along to the song when he couldn't quite get the lyrics right the first time around. He started by nodding his head to the beat, smiling all too wide when he couldn't resist the rest of his body vibing along to the song. He would be lying to himself if he said he didn't want to dance it.

"Hey— what're you doing?" Amy whined with a laugh when Emile pulled her away from cleaning the sink. With Emile in his zone, it proved to be difficult to get any tasks you wanted done. It was that distraction striking at its finest.

He took her hands in his own, interlocking their fingers together. Such a perfect fit. "Just dance with me for a minute," he said as he brought Amy towards the cleared part of the kitchen.

At first Amy was a bit stiff to it all, dancing and singing simply weren't fortés of hers. But she let Emile have his way with her. I mean how could she resist it? So happy and in his moment, very much feeling in love. As he sang with as much soul and truth as Drake, directing all of his spoken words to his girlfriend with his kind and loving looks and touches. Twirling her around to get Amy in the mood, making her laugh or shy away from the lyrics from how passionately Emile spoke them.

Sharing his happiness, spotlight and love with his other—all of this during a music intermission—was something he would never get tired of.

And as the song faded out, Emile declared, a grin dopey and soft appearing on his face. "You, Amy, really are the best I have."

────────────

for _amysxncho_

Something short to ease me back into writing. I deleted all undone requests from a few months ago (since I wasn't getting to them). I also opened requests so send them if you have any ideas in mind.