kai havertz.

thank you and i love you

Watching Kai slip the ball into the net, Y/N was quick to get up from their seat. They were given a moment and a bit to celebrate their partner, revealing their high spirits. With their cheering, with their singing, with their quite excessive clapping.

After the pains of a football match—the frustration of VAR (not) functioning, the annoyance from opposing players dragging the match, the inconveniences of extra time—Chelsea could potentially see victory through, and it was all because of Kai yet again. They, lovingly, couldn't let that pass without tipping their hat off to him. It was only a goal, yes sure, but they saw it as something so much more. Any goal, title or award Kai could receive was something of an achievement in the eyes of Y/N to celebrate, at the Bridge and at home.

Pulling away from his teammates Kai's smile grew wide, his body lighting up with ease. Upon the large screen, he took notice of Y/N and all that they were.

How their enthusiasm stood out in the presence of others, so far up in the stadium yet they managed to remain the centre of attention in the eyes of Kai. How they paired his no. 29 jersey with other blue accessories, finding fashion while supporting him, repping his name and number with another level of pride. How they interacted with those around them, celebrating his goal with other Chelsea fans with kind familiarity.

Really, they were his biggest fan. Call it a cliché, and perhaps it was. Everyone always says that their partner is their biggest fan, and Kai didn't believe that was an exaggeration when speaking on Y/N. They were everything and beyond his biggest fan. His personal favourite, his best friend, his streak of luck for all his matches. Y/N didn't understand how their support towards him made Kai so content. Since forever, it has gone long a way to aid his career.

That's why he always dedicated his goals to them. A kiss to the badge. Y/N deserved the recognition, letting others know that there was no Kai without the love and support of his very darling Y/N.

Looking toward a camera, Kai offered a small wave. A thank you, a simple act of appreciation. To the Chelsea fans in the stadium, to those at home. The constant echoing of his name across the Bridge spoke for itself.

But then he blew kisses towards the camera, too many to catch with one's bare hands. A thank you, a simple act of appreciation. And this one, he reserved just for Y/N to receive. This was the thank you and I love you message, each kiss repeating his thoughts over and over again. Y/N didn't need a reminder to know how Kai felt about them, that was very much a given. It was Kai's by the way and I just wanted to let you know; just like Y/N reminded him that he was on their mind when they were sporting his jersey, they were on his mind whenever he was playing on the pitch.

He continued to blow kisses in their direction until his teammates pulled him away, teasing him as they got back into form. And Y/N caught them all. Every kiss he blew their way—every thank you and I love you message Kai let drift in the air to reach them—they caught them. Every single one.