jadon sancho.

baisemain

A day scheduled to be productive, to study smart rather than hard, was put to good use. Running through pens quicker than usual, new subject content turning into common knowledge, deadlines becoming a worry of the past. They had been holding back from doing their work for so long seeing as they couldn't find the time (to want) to do it. There was so much relief in realising that a deadline could no longer stress you out if it was already met.

Y/N adjusted the headphones over their ears and turned up the volume, background rain playing in their ears. Doing work, studying—being a student in general—required strict focus and concentration, things they failed to have on-demand. They were one to drift off focus with ease, a minor distraction a large inconvenience to their flow. When in a space of focus and nothing, they wanted to remain in that space until they left it. That was, of course, sometimes difficult to achieve when you were surrounded by disruptions, even when it was a quiet one.

In came Jadon into the kitchen, bored and unbothered, with thoughtful behaviour. Sliders off to avoid noise against the floor, opening any drawers or cupboards with care, standing on the opposite side of the kitchen island to let them maintain their space. He wouldn't interrupt or say anything until Y/N did; over time, noticing all of their habits and mannerisms, he learned how to enter into their space—to be around them, to share some company with them, to have them in arms' reach—without disrupting it. Where he was welcomed, he knew to always respect it.

He took so much care that Y/N had only taken him into account when they took off their headphones. Turning to Jadon they offered him a smile, one kind and slightly fatigued before greetings were shared. They had stepped out of their space of focus and nothing. "What's up, J?"

He took in a deep inhale, glancing around the kitchen. What excuse should I give this time? "I finished playing on the game. I thought I should see how you're doing." Given silence. "Is it okay if I stay and can I...?" He came closer to Y/N, slowly moving around the kitchen island. Testing the limits was what Jadon did. Not forcing his wants on them, giving them the choice to accept or reject him—he was asking if he could step into their space of focus and nothing.

And their smile grew, now more kind than fatigued. "Pull up a chair." They laughed at his quickness to take a seat by their left side (with intent); he was so eager to do nothing with them.

After they fell back into focus – headphones over ears, the absence of common sound in their ears, writing with their right hand – they left their left hand open and available to Jadon. He took it in his own and brought it his lips, pressing a few kisses to the back of their palm. He loved to do it, and they loved to receive them. Sometimes he would do it to get their attention, compliment their appearance or as an act of appreciation and admiration. But then other times, he would do it for other reasons.

He knew how stressed they got over getting work done due to their lack of focus. He first noticed this when they struggled to watch a football game in full. Meeting deadlines, attempting to reconcile school and personal life—he could understand the bad that probably came with it all. Jadon couldn't relate to them. Maybe with the feelings but not the situation. But he did think it was important to let Y/N know that he was there to lean back on.

Even with just a hand-kiss. It wasn't over-powering or eager or complicated. What it was, however, was a gesture of presence and respect. Simple and of courtesy that could stimulate more than enough feelings. One that let Y/N feel Jadon when they couldn't reach out to him first. To feel him touching them with care let Y/N know that he was there, in or out of focus.

────────────

For auradons-clown55