Chapter 8

"Speaking"
<<Mind link>>
"Thought/flashback"
“Parseltounge/Beast Language”
"Any other language"
'Quote'
——————————————————
     Minerva McGonagall huffed as she paced her empty and dark classroom at Hogwarts. Her emerald green robes swished and moved with every step she took. Her arms were crossed over her midsection in worry, with her bottom lip tucked in between her teeth as she gnawed at the skin. A few strands of her graying hair came out from her tight bun on top of her head, and she brushed them away with her fingers, all while she paced, restlessly. It's been only a few hours since she, Hagrid and Dumbledore dropped off her poor godson and his siblings at their muggle relatives. And in those few hours, Minerva has only had anxious and unpleasant thoughts about what might happen with her godson and his sblings.

They just a babe. A helpless one at that. But they are babe, and they shouldn't live with their awful relatives. But noo, Albus too-many-names Dumbledore thought it was a good idea to leave three recently orphaned children at the porch of their relatives who hated their parents magic in the middle of November instead of giving them to one of their godparents.

And at this kind of moments when she really considering the old headmaster has gone senile. McGonagall sat on her couch with a deep sigh, she need to vent out her frustasion to someone who close to her but also did not place their trust in the old Headmaster, and she know the people who will immediately agreed with her in this situation.

-<-<-<-<-<-<->->->->->-

"He just left them there Aberforth," Minerva told Aberforth Dumbledore after hours at the Hog's Head.

It's way too early in the morning to be drinking fire whiskey and yet the occasion called for it.

"What did he say about the muggles who are supposed to be the boys family?" Aberforth asked upset at what his brother was doing.

Minerva shrugged as she sipped at her drink.

"Did he not care?" He asked, "They still a babe!"

Minerva shrugged again and said, "There has to be a way for the blood wards to protect the boys without leaving them there."

"I'll call Severus," Aberforth said and moved the floor leaving a flabbergasted Minerva at the bar wondering why Severus was needed.

"I knew I should have taken the boys in," an exasperated Severus said taking a seat next Minerva.

"Did you warn Albus against having Daniel, Hadrian, and Timaeus placed there as well?" Minerva asked at the Severus who's shoulders would hit the floor if they could.

Severus nodded mutely at her before thanking Aberforth for his drink.

"I warned him that leaving the triplets there would end with the children in more than some trouble through their life," he said downing half his measure in one swallow.

"It can't truly be because they are muggles Severus," she said affronted that it was a blood problem.

"One of them is my godson Minerva, and the one who Albus place them with is Petunia Durslely nee Evans," he said voice dark as his eyes looked far away, "She was horribly jealous of Lily, to the point where it led to horrible angry envy."

Her eyes widened at this revelation and sputtered, "You don't really think that-"

"She will take out her anger on a harmless, guiltless children?" Severus finished for her, "Yes."

Aberforth, who was standing behind the bar in front of the duo shook his head at this remember how it was for his dear Arianna. How her attack led to worse and how the same could happen to the Potters for the fact that they are magic.