Will You Be Mine Forever?

It was Valentine's Day when you decided to surprise your wife. You had been together for a long time, and you always tried to please her in some way. And why was that? Because she didn't measure efforts to do it either.

Today you wanted to do something different, something that would remind you of the beginning of your relationship. You walked to a supermarket near your house and bought the things to make the food she most loved to eat: Shashlyk.

She was Russian. She was a wonderful woman when you met her. She always came to visit you in secret on the starry nights of New York. Sometimes she would come to your house tired, in a cold sweat, but she would come. She came with a huge smile and always asked about your day, regardless of how your routine was or how normal it was. Your family loved her, and still do, and wherever she went she always brightened up the place.

With 1 year of relationship, you both started to work hard for your little things. You were divided between work and college, while Natasha worked saving the world. Your parents always wished you the best, even knowing the situation you were heading for.

You walked to your house and prepared Shashlyk with all your love. You made everything and put it on a plate that you will keep for special occasions. After that, you got all dressed up, feeling like that young 20-something. And then you waited for your eternal girlfriend.

Natasha, when she arrived home and saw you, she noticed that you were different. She smiled passionately and walked over to you. She hugged you and looked into your eyes. Those eyes that she fell in love with from the first day she saw you. She then pulled out of her pocket a small box and held it out to you.

You took it and were surprised at what was in the box, it was a ring with a real diamond in it. Your eyes began to tear up.

"I told you, that one day I would buy it for you." Natasha said, taking the ring and putting it on your finger. "I saved every little contribution, with my work, just for this one moment now." Natasha brought your hand up to her lips, depositing a kiss on your fingers. "Happy 10 years of marriage, my love."

Inside the little box was written the sentence she had said the first time she kissed you: "Will you be mine forever?"