The Help pt. I

It was evening when Storm appeared in your office. She was dressed in a gray suit that she wore to important meetings. She signaled for you to follow her, and so you did. You walked through the empty halls of the mansion to Charles's office. You heard voices you couldn't identify, and Storm looked at you and nodded, and then you entered the office.

You looked at Charles behind his desk, while two men were sitting in chairs on the other side of the table. You noticed that one of the men was Nick Fury, the other looked like someone you had seen before but couldn't remember where. He was blond and strong, and he looked at you like he was judging you. You approached Charles who smiled sympathetically at you.

"Gentlemen, that's Y/N Y/L/N, she's the perfect choice for the mission." Charles said pointing at you.

You approached Charles, who handed you a file. You scrolled through the file and the information. It was to go in and pick a hostage, while the destruction of the base would be by the rest of the X-Men with help from the Avengers.

"Are you sure, Charles?" The blond man said.

"Rogers, this is the mutant I mentioned to you while we were coming here." Nick Fury said pointing at you, but not looking at you.

Charles called to you in his mind, a warning you had already understood. You turned to him and nodded.

"I'll go pack my things." You left the file on Charles's desk and left the office.

↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯-↯

The suit Tony Stark and Hank McCoy made for you made you 100% imperceptible to radar and human heat signaling. When you turned into the diamond appearance, it was as if you were invisible, because the suit camouflaged itself along with you. On the mission, Storm would help you arrive with the Avengers' quinjet, and while you would infiltrate and signal, the rest of the team would wait for the attack.

The person you were going to rescue was Natasha Romanoff, an avenger who went by the codename Black Widow. Hydra agents had ambushed her and kidnapped her. You would then go in and get her, while during your signal the others would destroy the base. The trip to the base was quick, you discovered that the blond man in Charles' office was the notorious Captain America, and then you discovered his suspicion. He wasn't very into mutants.

"You turn your skin to diamond, you read minds, you move things with your mind...what else?" Steve asked without looking at you.

"Force field, possession, illusion, psychic shadow, telepathic camouflage, trauma healing, pain induction..." you said looking at him.

"Trauma healing?" Steve asked and you nodded in agreement.

"We will be under base in 5 minutes, Y/N is up to you." Storm called you by the controls.

You were about to stand up, until Steve made a sign to you. He pointed to his own head, he wanted help, so you stood up and stood facing him. You brought your hand to Steve's head and touched his forehead with your fingers. With a shockwave you applied your power to him, who felt tears forming in his eyes and let out a relieved sigh. You stepped away from the man, who smiled appreciatively at you, and you waved to him with a small smile on your lips. You reached for a gun, tucked it into the waistband of your pants, activated your suit, and opened the back door of the quinjet.