Space ⚜

It had been 12 months since Natasha had asked for space and left on a secret mission. You knew few information about where she was going, the only thing Fury said was that she would be far away. You had a complicated relationship, both of you were hurting and trying to cover the hole of your past sorrow with hidden hookups.

Tony was apprehensive about you, because since the news of Natasha's return you haven't left your room. You were training, training your broken heart to see Natasha again. It wasn't like crying in the corners when you saw a picture of her. You were going to see her face to face. You thought about getting over her, but you couldn't get her out of your mind.

You took your time getting to the party, and the first person who bumped into you was Natasha. It was like magnets, magnetism seeking. She looked beautiful, in a red dress that matched her loose hair and the lipstick that adorned her lips.

"Can we talk?" Natasha said in a husky voice that made your body shiver. You missed her voice.

You nodded, walked away to the outside area of the complex. Natasha followed you and sat on a bench, you also sat but away from her.

"I missed you." She let out a sigh.

You felt your heart race and tears well up in your eyes, you shook your head and let out a dull laugh.

"You have no right to say that." You said quietly but with anger in your voice.

"Y/N..." Natasha called to you approaching and trying to take your hand, but you pulled your hand away. "I needed the space, you and I were two chaos that couldn't stay together."

"You need more space?" You stood up turning around on your back.

"Y/N, listen to me, I need..."

"You said you needed space. You were 5,000 miles away for a year, and you're still unsure. I'm starting to think that an entire universe apart wouldn't be enough space for you." You shouted at Natasha who stood up facing you.

"Will you shut up and listen to me?" Natasha shouted back causing your eyes to widen. "I was afraid, okay?" you arched an eyebrow. "Afraid of me, of you, of us." You stared into Natasha's eyes, who looked like she was about to cry at any moment. You felt your heart break when the first tear fell from Natasha's eyes. She took a deep breath, and moved closer to you. "I don't know how to deal with this. With this feeling, I lo..." She made a confused face. "I lo..lov..love you."

You felt your heart jerk in your chest, you waited so long to hear that you didn't know how to react. You opened your mouth several times but couldn't say anything.

"Let's try again, my heart won't forget you and this feeling can't be hidden. This love can't go away." Natasha brought her hand up to your face, her voice now shaky, her eyes no longer holding back the tears. "Let's try..."

You cut the distance, stealing a kiss from Natasha who smiled on your lips. You broke the kiss, because you just wanted to shut her up, you rested your forehead on hers. Your hands went to her face and wiped away the tears that were there.

"I love you Natasha, you are my lost bullet, don't go away anymore, stay here again and again." You said looking into her eyes there was hope in them now, she was smiling the most beautiful smile you had ever seen. "Stay after twelve, stay all your life, just don't go away again."

Natasha held the back of your neck and kissed your lips as an affirmation that she would stay, it was the confirmation of unspoken feelings in words.

"I love you." Natasha said seriously, but then laughed. "Shit, I wanted to say 'I love you' for the first time without stuttering, but that failed."