iv.

2009.
8 years.

Divorce. The word was thrown at her like a bucket of ice cold water, taking them both by surprise. Those weren't words that you want to hear when you're a kid, that your parents don't love each other anymore, and that you'll be seeing one of them only on the weekends.

"I'm scared", Junoh had climbed on her oppa's bed that night, after they'd had the talk about how things were going to work.

Daddy would leave them the house, and they'd be living with mommy on the weeks, daddy would pick them up on the weekends and holidays.

They would be able to visit daddy on week days if they wanted to, and mommy would take them where daddy would be living. But Junoh wanted mom and dad together.

"Me too", Yeonjun commented, while hugging his little sister tightly.

She snuggled him, and rested her head on his chest while they both let tears run down their faces. Life as they knew it would change, and they were both rightfully scared because of it.

Daddy had already left that evening with a suitcase filled with his stuff, and mommy was packing all of hi belongings from his studio un boxes, even this late at night. The woman didn't want her kids to see, but they'd already noticed the way she was crying too.

So if she cried because he was leaving, why didn't she ask him to stay?

"Is mommy going to be okay?", she mumbled on her brother's chest and he shrugged before letting a few more tears run freely.

"I don't know, Jun", he answered truthfully. They knew nothing, and they hated that feeling. Like they were being left behind.

The next morning, daddy was home, but only had gone to pick up his boxes and shove them into the car. He'd ruffled the children's hairs and murmured an 'I'll see you soon' before taking the last box and closing the car trunk.

"You kids should go play while mommy cleans up, okay?", the woman asked.

She looked as if she hadn't closed her eyes even a tiny bit of time at all. Her eyes were injected in red veins, her nose puffy and her cheeks pink and swollen. She'd put on some old clothes and was now carrying a dustpan and a broom.

They both nodded and walked towards the park that was right across the street, each of them sitting on a swing and silently wishing daddy would come back, even if he'd only left. It felt like he'd never come back ever again, even when he'd said he'd pick them up on Friday evening.

Junoh sighed, her eyes filling up with tears again, and she looked towards her brother, who was now zoned out, looking at a big tree.

Feet against floor was heard from behind, and then a very happy Beomgyu jumped in the middle of their swings.

"Hi guys", the kid said and earned himself some very lame 'hello's'. "Why are you all moody? Did you finally get rid of your roller skates? You never use them either ways, why would you be sad about it?", he cupped Junoh's cheeks with his hands and when his eyes met hers, he knew it had nothing to do with a simple thing such as roller skates.

"I'm never getting rid of them", the girl showed him her tongue and cleaned her tear stained cheek on her sleeve.

Beomgyu had never seen any of them this sad, and even when he wanted to ask what was wrong, he knew probably he shouldn't butt in. But he was worried for his friends.

"Do you guys wanna come home?", he half expected them to say no, but both their eyes lit up at the mention of being anywhere else but there. "My hyung got me the 2012 movie!", he shrieked excitedly.

Leading the way, the younger one of the three babbled all about the homework he and Junoh got at school, and how hard it was. For Junoh it wasn't that hard, but she'd never tell him that, so she nodded in agreement.

Once they reached the other Choi's house, they went straight to the living room, their three small bodies fitting in a two sized couch. Junoh was in the middle, of course, because she didn't like movies with a lot of blood on them. But she didn't say so, because she just wanted to not think about her daddy leaving her and her oppa.

"Hey, Gyu...", Beomsoo was walking around with his bare torso and only football shorts on. "Have you seen my shirt? I'm going out to play with my friends but I can't find it", Beomgyu shrugged and he didn't even lay eyes on Junoh as he greeted the two guests. "Hi guys!"

But her first crush was definitely Choi Beomsoo. He was five years older than them, but Junoh had already planned their wedding and picked their children's names. He was just... perfect for her.

She wouldn't say it out loud, though. She didn't want anyone else to know. Beomsoo surely thought of her as a little kid, so she'd wait a few years until confessing her feelings. She could wait forever, because she already felt like she loved him.

"Popcorn!", Beomgyu stated dramatically just before pressing play and then called for his hyung to have him handle the food. "Please hyung! I am pretty sure your shirt was in the laundry bag".

"Thank you, little leach", the older ruffled his little brother's hair and then walked towards the laundry room.

"Hey, hyung!"

"I'm coming!", he put on a shirt and then made them some popcorn. "Are you sure you guys can stay here for fifteen minutes alone? I can wait until mom comes before I leave".

"Hyung, let me in charge", Yeonjun spoke up, chest puffing up proudly. "I'm ten now, so I am a big boy".

A smile spread on thirteen-year-old Beomsoo, who then waved them off and told them to call 119 in case of any emergencies. And he was off.

They sat at the couch again, Junoh trying her best not to feel scared because of the movie. Her feelings were all over the place since last night, and she wasn't sure if the fear was coming because of the blood in the screen or because the night was approaching and her daddy wouldn't be there to tuck her in.

Last night he'd made sure to help Junoh into bed before leaving, but he said he'd be coming on Friday, which was three days away!

A little tear escaped from her eyes and she sniffled, Yeonjun's hand coming immediately to intertwine their fingers together in a soothing manner. But also Beomgyu's, even though the little boy thought it was because she was scared, he didn't even realize how that comforting touch made the storm inside her chest to feel a little calmer.