xxii.

2023
22 years.

"It's amazing", she felt her eyes filling with tears. "Thank you, ahjussi", she bowed towards him and he smiled.

"No problem", the man bowed too. "Only the best for Choi Minhyeok", the man held a longing expression. "I haven't paid my respects to your father. I still remember the day of his and your mom's marriage. The best day of his life...", he sighed. "Okay, miss Junoh. If you need anything else, please let me know. I didn't paint the walls because you said not to–"

"Yes, thank you. I will do it myself", she smiled and walked the man out of her new architecture office in Gangnam. "Send my farewells to your wife, kids and grandkids".

After being left alone, Junoh let her eyes actually drop the tears they had been gathering. This was it; her dream.

She had always wanted to have a place where her mom and dad rested, even when she had made Germany her home for some years. Junoh had always dreamt of going back to Korea and make amends with herself and her past, and now she was finally doing so.

In the process, she had also finally took the step towards Beomgyu. They had always been so close yet too far away for her to feel like she could just tell him she loved him. The fear of losing him was so big it overpowered the yearning to love him endlessly. Because she would rather have him within some distance than not having him at all.

So this office was more than just a place for her to work at, or a place she owned, but it was the image of her improvement and the way she'd started to slowly overcome everything that held her back in life. One step towards happiness.

"Knock knock", Beomgyu peeked his head in.

Junoh turned around with a big smile, her heart thumping against her chest.

"Hey", she bit her lip trying to avoid smiling so hard it hurt. He came over and wrapped his arms around her and pecked her lips.

"Mmm", he mumbled. "Kiss on your teeth", he giggled.

"Shut up", Junoh rolled her eyes. "Do you like it?"

"It's amazing", he said, but he was only looking at her.

Her eyes twinkled with excitement while turning around, Beomgyu nuzzling her from behind, his nose coming into contact with her neck, his soft breath fanning her skin. Goosebumps rose and he giggled, hugging her tightly.

"What are we doing now?", he asked and she jumped excitedly away from his embrace.

"We're painting the walls! And then, taking my boxes".

"Your boxes?"

"Yeah", she approached, her eyes falling on his lips and a light blush creeping on her face. "I decided to think about your other proposal, and I am moving in with you".

"Today?"

"Yeah... if you're okay with it?"

"It was about time!", he hugged her and kissed her whole face excitedly, making her giggle and laugh out loud at his lovely outburst.

"Gyu, we've been together for like a week", Junoh tried reasoning.

"For me it's been since we first met. I don't think I've ever loved anyone else in my whole life, Junoh. You're my person", he smiled.

Looking at him, with his irises twinkling with love, she felt like this moment was what she had always dreamed of. This exact moment, looking at him so close she could make out his features and possibly draw them by memory, this moment was exactly what she'd always wanted.

And it felt like the kickstart moment of all. She felt in her soul that this moment was the start of all the moments to come... next to him.

"I love you", she confessed.

"I love you more than life", he replied and then placed a finger with paint on her cheek. "You are so goddamn beautiful".

"You too, sir", she mumbled and caressed his lips with her thumb. "Mister Choi, I can't wait for the rest of our lives".

"Me neither", he smiled. "To give Woojoo and Woobin some cousins and be happy forever. Even when we're not".

"Amen, baby".

His eyes darkened. A shy smile tugged at her lips and he raised his eyebrows, eyes never leaving hers and glinting with emotion.

"Say that again", he demanded. His voice was so raspy she almost had a heart attack, and then whenever she stepped back, he would step forward until her back was pressed against one of the walls they'd be painting.

"Say what?", she bit her lip. Both his hands came to either side of her by the shoulders and the palms pressed against the wall. He leaned into her, so close their breaths mixed and she could literally see her reflexion in his irises.

"You know what", he growled.

Junoh's knees felt weak all of a sudden. The memories of that faithful night when they were young and drunk and Beomgyu's growling could be heard on her ear each time she'd moan his name... it all felt too much and she was suddenly suffocating and in need of fresh air.

"Baby", she said and pressed her own finger coated with paint onto his cheek.

He leaned in, a smile never leaving his lips, and kissed her fiercely. All the pent up emotion of years of waiting, the love they both felt for each other, the hunger to praise their lover, all of it was shown in that devastatingly breathtaking kiss.

Once he parted their lips, he got ahold of her hips and pressed their bodies together, a low moan coming from Junoh's lips at the way her body was reacting to his, and the way his body was clearly reacting to hers.

"Wanna paint the walls or do something else, miss Choi?", he asked so low she thought she had imagined it.

"Depends on what else you can offer me", she winked.

"You're going to be the damn end of me, Junoh", he pressed their foreheads together. "I want to give you everything, all that I have and all that I am", he mumbled.

She pecked his lips.

"Will you let me be yours?", the question was so simple yet it meant so much. He was now holding onto her nape with one hand, a strangled gasp on her lips when he tugged a little bit so they could be eye to eye.

"Please", she replied. "Be mine and I'll be yours", tugging at his shirt, she smiled when he got the hint and took it off. "Let's inaugurate this office".