vi.

2018.
17 years.

She was drunk. Oh gosh, she was really drunk, and it all was because of Beomgyu.

Well, not actually his fault, but he'd taken her out to have some fun at Han river, and had sneaked some bottles of soju (he was still underage, but she wasn't, at least not in Korean age). They were celebrating her latest win on a drawing contest with all of the schools of Seoul and Incheon districts.

They were both laying on the grass (that was by now cold and wet from the early morning dew), and they were looking up to the stars, the empty soju bottles well kept inside Beomgyu's duffle bag.

"I hate that you won", the boy mumbled after a few moments of silence. He wasn't as drunk as her, being well aware that she'd drink her sorrows and darkness away, and that he'd have to help her back home.

"You should be happy for me! I won six hundred thousand wons!", she slurred. He turned only his head to look at her, a small smile lifting his lips and a little glossy glint of alcohol in them, too. "I could afford a therapist with that", she joked.

Beomgyu giggled at her joke but deep down he knew she probably would invest all of that money on that. And on mortuary bills, too. For her father.

Sometimes he wondered if she ever was happy.

"You could also afford a one way ticket to anywhere in the world", he added. Still looking at those beautiful features, he was like hypnotized.

"I could", she then turned to him and gasped dramatically. "What if we just run away?", she gaped. He shook his head.

"Would you do that to your oppa?", Beomgyu asked. Junoh pursed her lips as if she was thinking, but truth was she couldn't picture a future in which her brother and her lived in different countries, let alone different cities.

"It could be a vacation", she pushed the idea.

She really wanted to escape. She was now the girl with a dead parent, who had been diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder, and whose only friends were her brother and his boyfriend, and Beomgyu.

Beomgyu, for hell's sake.

The most popular boy in school had openly stated he had only eyes and arms for Junoh. Se thought it was the best friendship advertisement she'd ever seen. He had even tripped on his way down the chair he'd stood up on.

He said he'd take care of her until her darkness went away.

"What if I'm never cured?", now her eyes were filled with tears and Beomgyu pouted. He hated seeing her like that. He hated that Junoh was going through so much pain and that he couldn't take it away from her.

"You don't need to be cured", his brows furrowed.

"But I'm dysfunctional, Gyu", she looked into his eyes and her lips wobbled. From knowing her for almost twelve years, he knew it was a sign that a waterfall was coming.

"You just have to learn to live with it", he sighed. "We're gonna get you a therapist, okay? And they will give you tools to overcome this darkness of yours", he scooted closer and welcomed her in his arms. "Because even when you only see your darkness, I can only see your light".