v.

2023.
22 years.

jun:
Can we meet up?

seen.

She sighed. Junoh knew Beomgyu was probably busy. He was a super famous photographer, and she hadn't even said a proper hello on the text, just straight up asked to meet. After four years of nothing.

She knew. She knew he probably thought she didn't want anything to do with him. How could she, if she never tried to rekindle their friendship? In her defense, never did he. He gave up on them just as much as she did, maybe even more. He knew her, and he didn't even try.

That's why she wanted to meet up. Don't get her wrong, she was madly in love with him and wanted nothing more than to be his, but this was about their friendship.

Her company would be expanding to Korea and she definitely would stay for the pre runs and until it was completely standing. Maybe even stay after that, who knew?

But for now, right now all she wanted was her Gyu back. She needed him because the darkness inside her was tingling her senses, making her aware that it had never left and that it never would leave. Depression, that's what doctor Jang had told her when she turned fourteen. Oh, and anxiety.

But she preferred the term darkness. Because that's what it felt like. And right now, she was feeling it for the first time in a long time. This is one of the reasons she had escaped Korea in the first place. The freaking country made her darkness spike, and her well-being to go downhill.

But her darkness was also one of the reasons she'd come back. Because whenever she had Choi Beomgyu by her side, she wasn't filled with darkness, but light instead. And she dreaded that light.

Tapping on the screen of her phone, she waited on his response. He would at least tell him he didn't want to meet up, right? It was so unlike him to not be straightforward, so she was expecting an answer. Even if that answer was a freaking no.

Her eyes lit up when she heard the two tornadoes' giggles once they had finished their daycare. They greeted her as if they hadn't peppered kisses all over her face that same morning, and sat on either of her thighs, her arms going around them securely.

"Daddy and Appa are out", she stated and they shrieked in excitement. She furrowed her eyebrows at the little kids' reactions.

"Auntie can we take a bubble bath?", Woojoo stared at her with those heartwarming doe eyes and Junoh couldn't find it in herself to say no.

"Okay, let's go", she walked with both devils hanging from her arms, and reached the master bedroom with her heart racing as if she'd hiked Kilimanjaro. "Let's warm this water up", she mumbled while the kids opened the counter below the sinkX searching for their toys and bubbles, even taking a bath bomb out.

"Woobin, like this", the little girl instructed her brother on how to open the bubble tube and Junoh smiled.

Her hand was submerged in the water, making sure it wasn't too hot so they could potentially burn their baby skins, and then nodded towards her nephew for him to drop some of the bubble making substance.

Woojoo then plopped a bath bomb on it and all of their bath-time toys. Junoh helped them out of their clothes and into the tub, sitting on the side of it and making sur the kids were okay.

"But auntie", Woobin called and Junoh nodded, signaling that she was listening. "You need a bath, too".

She really was a softie when it came to this little catastrophes. She nodded and took her pants off, placing her phone on the sink and then her socks. She got in the giant jacuzzi tub, and the kids handed her some toys so the three of them could play.

Of course, because of that antics, she wouldn't be able to read Beomgyu's reply.

beomgyu:
I'm actually going for dinner
to hyung's

After the chasing of pirate duck and having a barbie save the universe, they started doing a little hair salon session. Junoh's hands were on Woobin's scalp, massaging, while Woojoo's little hands put conditioner on her auntie's hair.

They were inside the bathtub until the water was cold. Junoh got out and took her shirt off, realizing it was not completely soaked. Then, she wrapped her favorite demons in fuzzy towels and, taking each on each arm –after drying herself and turning them into towel burritos–, she ran down the hallway towards their shared room.

Just that very moment, Yeonjun entered their house with Soobin trailing behind, chatting casually with Beomgyu. The three grown men watching as a half naked Junoh sped down the hallway with two shrieking towel burritos while screaming "I am speed!"

"Huh", Yeonjun closed the door.

The girl dressed her nephew and niece in their pajamas onesies, and then put them some socks so they wouldn't catch a cold. She then walked in her half naked glory towards her room, her mouth hanging open at the man in front of her.

"You", it was all she could muster. Her hands slowly came to wrap around her torso and he clicked his tongue.

"There's nothing I haven't already seen, Jun", Beomgyu stated while still sitting on her bed.

"How are you?", her hands fell on her side and then turned around so she could pick some pajamas too.

Not that she wanted Beomgyu to notice she'd been working on her booty, but it totally was about that.

After taking off her underwear and putting on some dry panties, she turned around again before changing into her pajamas only to find Beomgyu's eyes fixated on his phone.

"Choi?"

"Huh?", he looked back at her and smiled softly.

"How have you been?"

"Are we going to do this here?", he replied.

"It's rude to answer a question with a question", her arms were suddenly crossed in front of her chest. He smiled just a tiny bit and she wanted to just hug him and bury her nose on the crook of his neck. To see for herself if he smelled like home.

"I don't think we should talk about this in here", he got up and she could have sworn he was about to engulf her in a hug. "Not when we have to little eavesdroppers!", he opened the door where two little tornadoes were giggling.

They ran off and Beomgyu did the same behind them, following while stating something along the lines of "eating small children", and the kids wailing with happiness.

After retrieving her phone and cleaning up a little the masters bathroom, she walked bad into the kitchen, where her oppa was cooking a meal, and Soobin with Beomgyu played on the living room with the kids.

"He's changed", she mumbled with a soft smile tugging at her lips.

"You have too, we all have", Yeonjun stirred the soup. "I think you should talk it out", he commented.

"Yeah, we should".