xiv.

2023.
22 years.

Junoh was obviously avoiding Beomgyu's gaze. She drove away from the city while the soft R&B music she'd picked played through the silence of a question-filled man, and a heartbroken woman.

It was not like she had forgotten all about the shattering of her heart when seeing him with another woman, but Junoh had hope they were made for each other. Like two pieces of the same soul.

And she hoped that, eventually, they'd be drawn to the other. Because it was meant to be.

So as of then, she would try to make the best out of her time with the one she thought was her soulmate. Junoh would rekindle their relationship and she would love Beomgyu unconditionally– just like he deserved to.

"What's going on?", he asked while fidgeting with his camera strap.

"We're having a road trip", she announced and bopped her head to the music.

"I can see that".

"Then there's no need to ask questions", Junoh shrugged.

"Don't be rude".

"Don't be dumb".

He chuckled. And it made something to her heart. She was definitely going insane because it was as if his mere laugh had breathed life into her heart. As if it had only really started pumping because of Beomgyu's giggle.

"I'm just surprised, that's all. It felt like you were kinda avoiding me", she could feel his eyes on her.

"I've been busy with business stuff", she tried to play it cool. "Why would I avoid you?"

"I don't know either. But it felt like so", he mumbled. "It was sad because we've kind of just started our friendship freshly so I thought maybe you didn't want this".

"I want all of this", and she meant it. "I want to just go back and erase some memories... to redo the last couple of years and be beside you".

"Me too", he answered again. And, with her heart thumping happily and a small smile creeping on her lips, she drove.

"You have got to be kidding me", he exhaled shakily and Junoh's lips curved in the biggest smile he'd seen on her face ever since she had returned back home.

"Shut up and follow along, okay?", she mumbled as she turned the engine off.

She hopped out of the car after taking some stuff from the backseat and walked up the hill with Beomgyu following behind. She sighed contently when she found the spot that they used to lay in, and opened the mat and placed the blankets on top of it, before taking one of the pillows and hurrying to lay down to look at the stars.

"You're crazy", he mumbled as he did the same, placing his head on the other available pillow.

"I think we'd already defined so", she replied while playing with her camera.

Turning only her head to look at him, she found Beomgyu already looking at her. Her heard did a summersault and a small smile graced her features.

"This is just...", he exhaled and a smile formed on his lips too.

"What we needed", she finished for him and turned her camera on so she could take some pictures of the sky.

As silence swirled around them, so did the feeling of coziness Junoh had been missing for years. There, in a slightly cold night, doing nothing more than taking pictures of the sky next to her soulmate... Junoh had missed this.

It had been ripped away from her the moment she had decided she'd leave for good. She knew it was going to hurt, but she didn't expect to feel so relieved once the feeling had been brought back to her.

Home. Beomgyu felt like home.

The incessant clicking of the camera took Junoh out of her thoughts and she wiped a lone tear that had escaped her eyes. Pursing her lips, she turned to look at Beomgyu and her breath caught up in her throat.

He was ethereal.

Everything about him just made sense, just made her feel like she belonged next to him. She just knew, deep down in her heart, they belonged together. There was no other way.

Not even as life had grown with them and they had created new bonds... nothing, ever, would feel as safe and as perfect as being with Beomgyu.

Junoh just loved him. So much.

So much she'd always blame herself for breaking the bond they'd built with trust and nurtured with love.

"Shouldn't you be looking at the sky?", he asked while still taking pictures of the scenery.

"You're more interesting".

"I know, right? Pure beauty in here", he replied.

"No, but... really", she mumbled. "I know this is not the time and maybe it will never be the time because I screwed us, but there will never be something more worth looking at than you", Junoh confessed.

"Do not–"

"I don't care", she cut him off.

She sat so she could look at him, and make sure he was paying attention. A big breath in, and then she got ready to confess. It was now or never. Their friendship was already screwed up, so if it went wrong then at least she wouldn't be tearing apart the once beautiful connection they shared.

"I do not care if you have a girlfriend. Or if you ever loved anyone else. I don't care because, dammit, I do. I love you with all my heart and the more time I keep this feelings to myself, the more it hurts. So there it is, do with that information what you please. I just needed to tell you, while we're here trying to rekindle, that you're the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I don't think there ever will be anything better. You are all I want, all I need. And if I can't have you, I understand. And I deserve that, but I also deserve this: to tell you my heart is yours and it has always been this way. And it always will be this way".

"You're kidding me right now", Beomgyu sat up with his brows furrowed.

Junoh giggled and wiped a few tears that ran through her cheeks and she shook her head.

"I would never play with this. But it's true and I'm so dumb for realizing it just now... it's always been you".

"Junoh..."

"I know, I know this is stupid and you probably still hate me. But I couldn't take it anymore. Each day that passes I am a little closer to insanity because I just want to scream at you that... that I love you".

"Choi Junoh".

"And I feel it in every fiber of myself. Every tiny little cell in my body is aching for you to know that you are the one for me. I know it in my heart, I feel it in my–"

"Can't you just shut up for a second?! I'm trying to ask you to marry me!"