Prologue

My life as a student was fine before I met his cold dark eyes in that dark graveyard. The moment his sharp truth sank into me, my whole life changed. 

Why did I have to meet him?

Why did it have to be me?

I was lost, trying to look for the way I came from. But I couldn't even hear my classmates' voices from the place I'm standing. All I have with me is my self. Not a phone to call them, not a single cloth or a food in case I starve my self. 

I continued to walk, hoping to find the group. But as I walk through the forest, all I knew was that the further I walk, the darker and the colder the place becomes. 

Until I arrived at a place full of graves. I looked into them. They aren't familiar. We were supposed to go in a hot spring to rest after a long walk from the foot of the mountain. But look where I ended up, at a graveyard. 

I felt the chills deep in me as I continued to walk. Maybe they'd realize that I'm taking a rest at this place. They would know about this place, right? There are tour guides with them. As well as my teachers. They would definitely know that I'm missing.

I observed the gravestones. There were no names, but there are unfamiliar symbols. Even the dates of their death aren't even indicated. Nothing. Their graves looks old. Like it existed a long time ago. I continued to walk on that vast graveyard covered with fogs. 

I am really not that afraid of ghosts. But I definitely felt that this place is something else. Like something is not right! 

The fogs blocked my eyesight which caused me to stumble. I patted myself clean until I got rid of the dirt on my clothes. When I looked up, I was startled to see an opened casket. A pale man, either dead or alive, was in his deep slumber. 

I wonder why the casket is open? And why is he sleeping inside the casket when it's literally cold out here!

I took out my hand, about to pinch his cheeks to see if his body is cold dead, or warm and just sleeping when his eyes opened. I thought I was mistaken, but I saw it. His eyes became a shade of red.

I was taken aback when he sat on the casket, staring at the open space. 

I couldn't even gather my strength and sanity to utter a word.

Seconds of silence came until he started to hiss from a pain he's feeling in his chest.

I gathered my self to ask him, "Are you okay?"

His lips were trembling. I knew it! There's definitely a mystery behind this unusual setup. Who would even try to sleep in a casket in this cold mountain area where there were no one around. 

He's wearing a ruffled linen shirt that looks like it came from the medieval era. The more I look at him, the more weirder he become.

My thoughts disappeared when he growled and showed his long sharp fangs. His eyes met mine. The moment I blinked, he vanished. All along, he was behind me.

His sharp fangs dug into my neck, sipping my blood like juices. 

Pucca Chu