Chapter 13

My knees suddenly felt weak. Jay appeared just in time to catch me before I fall. When our eyes met, the feeling of guilt sprouted within me.

He made me lean into the wall while his left hand was in my waist. Our eyes met the second that I look up at him.

"Breath, baby. Breath." He whispered into my ears.

I followed his words. And turned my head on the side. I was ashamed of what I have done. I almost got him.

"Speak."

I gulped down the lump in my throat and looked down on our feet. I sighed as I hesitated to tell him the things that I found out and kept away from him. If I only told him, then this wouldn't have happened.

"I-I," I bit my lip and met his gaze. "I don't know if you'll ever believe me. But S-Sunoo, he..."

"Come on, I'm all ears. I'll believe you. Lies or truth, I'll listen to you."

"He was here. I saw him. He took the egg with him and flew off from the window. He jumped out and then I couldn't even catch him. I-If I only told you about it, then this wouldn't have happened. H-He's-"

"Shh, calm down." He held my cheeks while his other hand remained on my waist. "Slowly."

I breathed heavily and slowly speaked just like how he told me. "He was also there in the ruin incident. I'm sorry for not telling you. I was afraid that you might not believe my words." I turned my gaze away because of embarrassment. "Because... he's your friend and-"

"And?"

"You two are close with each other."

He laughed at my words and kissed my forehead. My cheeks became as red as an apple the moment his lips touch my head.

I watched him as he closes his eyes and feel the surrounding. He frowned and breathed out heavily.

"He's not around anymore. He's way faster than what I thought."

Jay probably knows how Sunoo is. Because they've been friends for a long time.

-

We arrived at his castle that night. I was only looking at him while he starts to prepare food from his castle's huge kitchen.

I placed my chin on the palm of my hand while I lean on the countertop. And my gaze was just stuck on his face.

He chuckled. "If your eyes could melt, I would've melted away from your stares."

I smiled and continued to stare at him. And he was never uncomfortable with it. The way he's confidently preparing the food for me was admiring.

He placed the food in the table and sat in front of me. We went to the dining hall to eat together. 

"It keeps on running on my mind, but there must be a reason why he did it. I know Sunoo, he wouldn't do something like this without a reason."

I nodded my head. But there were still hints of doubt inside me. What if it was intention all along? But why do they want to take the egg? What is in that egg that they're all wanting to have it?

"There must be something behind his behaviours. Just like how the grand elder surprised us. Like how he knew the traitor's existence. Maybe he also knows about it."

Exactly. The grand elder must know something. And he kept it on his own because he has plans for it. That must be it.

"Maybe he knows that Sunoo is a traitor too."

"We're still not sure about that."

The search for the egg continued for a few weeks. Aside from school and training for taekwondo, it was all I was thinking about.