Chapter 8

I was riding in the car with Jay thinking about the words Sunoo told me back at the palace's kitchen. We were riding back to seoul when he suddenly stopped the car in the middle of the road.

"Can we talk about it now?"

I looked at him. "Hm?"

"About what you saw back at the palace."

I hesitated about it. What if he gets into trouble because of me? But now that my thoughts have been proven by the grand elder's words, should I really tell him about it now?

"You can trust me." I looked at his eyes, and I could see assurance in it. "No matter what happen, I'll believe you."

"But what if I'm lying?"

"Then tell me your lies, I won't hesitate to believe it."

I laughed and rolled my eyes at him. "Can I say it here?"

He groaned. "Why would I let you say those words here when I know you'll get in trouble? Just trust me. I'd know if someone's nearby."

Is that some of his vampire abilities again?

"Where do I start?" I looked back at the road as the falling sun hits my face.

"I saw you with Sunoo." I bit my lips and looked at his reflection on the mirror.

I saw him grin and placed his arms on the window. "Tell me about it."

I closed my eyes in embarrassment. "You were playing with him when he suddenly got himself dirty."

"Yeah?"

I sighed. I hate talking about this. "And I don't know why I felt that way, but I became frustrated."

"Mm-hm, a little more." He was grinning from ear to ear as he heard me say those words at him.

"So, I was about to walk on my way inside the room I came from this morning."

"Yeah, you were frustrated and jealous, so you want to lock yourself inside your room. That's valid, I guess."

He's obviously mocking me about it. "I am not! Can you just stop butting in? Let me finish."

He laughed and pretended he's locking his mouth with a zipper when he actually looks like he's about to laugh.

I rolled my eyes and just stared back at the road. "I saw jake on my way."

He didn't say anything after I said those. I thought that he's finally listening to me. But he's not. When I looked at his face on the side mirror, I saw how his grin suddenly faded. His face started to become grim.

To be honest, I was kind of scared when he's suddenly showing reactions like that. I've never actually seen him like this.

"He was bothering me about it."

"About what?" He asked with a serious tone.

"W-Why I was showing a grim face?" I bit my lips. "But we met Mr. Hansoo on our way to the entrance door. And he told us that Jake was called in by the grand elder."

"He was? But I don't remember him being with the grand elder yesterday. The grand elder was with me when I was taking Sunoo to his room to fix his clothes. The both never actually met each other yesterday."

That makes up for all the suspicions I have about Mr. Hansoo. I knew it. He's something I should be bothered with. My suspicions weren't wrong all along.

"I forgot where my room was. So, I followed Mr. Hansoo to ask him about it because I never saw anyone who I could ask. But his steps became more heavier, became faster. And when he walked outside the gates, that's when my suspicions grew bigger about him. I saw him enter a cave, thirty minutes away from the palace. And he was hiding something valuable in his pocket, I suppose. Because he kept on looking at it for a lot of time. When I entered the cave, I saw him place a golden egg on a box carefully. The egg was suspicious too. I became dizzy when I saw it. So I ran away before he could even get to see me."