Chapter 5

I looked at him in complete awe. What did he just say?

Before everything around us becomes more awkward than it is already, thankfully, Jake came down and we could already hear him making weird sounds from the kitchen. I pretended like I was busy looking at the kitchen while Jay came back to cooking.

"Are you two still not on good terms with each other?" He asked, but no one answered. He shrugged his shoulders. "The elder just called. He wants to call us, especially you, Jay."

"Why? Did he say anything about it?" Jay asked while busy preparing the tteokbokki that I requested.

"Nothing in particular. But we all know it was something about these current events from that organization. They never stopped."

"When?"

"This midnight." 

Jay coughed. "Immediately?!"

"Yeah, why?"

Jay looked at me and Jake immediately followed. "What about him?"

"Hmm, he could stay with me while you talk with the elder the whole night." Jake suggested which made Jay leave an annoyed expression.

"You're called too, aren't you?"

Jake yelled in frustration. "Why do I have to go with you? I just want to stay at home."

"Sucks to be you, then." Jay replied and laughed.

"Stop arguing. I'm not coming." They both looked at me like I just said something wrong. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"No, you're coming with us." Jay said in resolution.

"Why? I got classes, I got life too. You don't own me like a possession."

"What do you mean why? When I marked you down, I just made you mine. And that means that the life you had before will always have me included. Whether you like it or not. Because either it's me dying, or you dying when you don't come with me later."

"No, you aren't dying in any other way, Mr. Park. You're a vampire. And me, I'm just a human. Not your marked slave, not your possession, or anything. I have my own life. I was never yours."

"YAA! I told you to stop calling me Mr. Park! Why do you keep on calling me Mr. Park, it makes me feel old and it sounds like you're calling my dad! How many times should I tell you to call me Jay. It's Jay and not Mr. Park!" He started yelling like a dad that it made me laugh so hard. "Why are you laughing, huh? You think I'm kidding?"

Jake's laugh also echoed the whole kitchen.

I didn't mean to laugh after being angry like that. It's just that, why does he sound like a dad and why is he angry? Aren't I making a point though? I was never a part of his possession. And I'm sure there'd be a way to get rid of this mark. I read it on books before.

Oh, right. They're about to go to their elders tonight, right? I'm sure this time, he'll answer everything that I have in my mind. I heard elders doesn't like humans in their clan. I'm sure he'd be willing to find a way to stop this.

"Oh, wait. I changed my mind." I stated.

They both look at me, surprised. "Why?" Jake asked.

"Oh, nothing."

--

I slept on Jay's car. When I woke up, we're already at a different place. The road was dark and it wasn't familiar to me anymore. Two hours ago, we were just at seoul. I didn't know a place like this two hours away from seoul exists.