Chapter 10

When  I regained my consciousness, I realized that my eyes are covered and my mouth has a gag on it. I tried to scream and release myself but I was locked up with chains. I'm sure that I'm sitting in a chair.

I tried to squirm around, releasing myself, creating a gap from the chains. But it wasn't moving an inch. The chains are all over my body, hugging every inch of my being into the chair, making me unable to move an inch from my seat.

"Help! Somebody, please, help!" 

My screams were interrupted with a loud bang outside. There were continuous noises outside that it lasted for more than twenty minutes. I was observing my surrounding as hard as I can. Until those loud bangs and noises were outside of this room. I screamed as hard as I can. Hoping that somebody could hear me. Hoping that it is him.

A moment of silence occurred after a loud commotion outside. Seconds later, I heard a door opened. I flinched when I felt someone took the blindfold from my eyes and shocked to see Heeseung.

He's covered in blood, and panting heavily while trying to free me from the chains and gag.

"What happened? What are those noises outside?" 

The loud uproar outside were still ongoing. I am not sure what's happening. All I want to know is why this happened to us. 

"We don't have enough time. Come on, I need to take you out of here."

He broke the chains easily while extracting minimal effort. But I could no longer wonder why. Of course, he's a vampire. 

"Where were you?" 

"Listen, I will explain everything later. Just, please, safely get out of here."

The moment we stepped out of the door, we were greeted with the same people who wore masks when I was ambushed. There were three of them. But before they could do anything with their silver blades, Heeseung-hyung immediately grabbed their necks.

We hurriedly ran away from there. But before we could even get away, there were three pathways blocking us. Two of the paths has the same men running towards us with swords on their hands.

"Go! Leave me here. I'll come after you!" He told me while pointing the last pathway where there were no masked men blocking.

I hesitated, but after seeing him confidently dealing with those men, I ran away. Believing that he could do it without my help there. 

But now, I should be able to find a way out of here and look for help. In every corner I encounter, I stop and look for suspicious people. There were a lot of masked men passing by, looking for us.

"They're here!" They ran towards Heeseung-hyung's way. 

After they passed from me, I immediately ran towards the way they came from, but before I could even run, I heard people talking. But their voices are so familiar, I couldn't help myself but to peek and get stunned by the person I'm seeing.

"But didn't you tell me he would never defy the grand elder?" An unfamiliar person with a blue mask asked Sunoo who's back is facing me.

"That's what I also thought. But the only thing that we should be worrying about right now is to get away with less damage than we already have. We couldn't afford to have our people get eliminated before D-day."

"Are you saying that we should back off when we already have him in our hands?!" 

"Yes, we will have our chance the next time." He turned my way. I hope I'm mistaken, but our eyes met for a second and I saw him smirking at me.