Chapter 32

"Honey, we're going to need you to be a little more specific." Kate prompts, trying to get me to expand on what I mean by all of us being together.

"Well... I'm dating Eiji..." I say a little hesitantly, they nod. Kirishima should really be in here for this. These are his parents after all. "And we're dating Bakugo. And he's dating us."

Kate and Lyla look at each other for a long moment then shake their heads, smiling.

"'Ej! Get in here!" Lyla calls. Kirishima stumbles in a moment later, hands still with soap on them. "Why didn't you tell us that you're in a thruple?"

"Uhhhhhhhh" he looks like he's a deer caught in the headlights. "Y/n, sweetheart, what did you tell them?"

"That we're dating Bakugo. Sorry, but they asked!" I reply defensively.

"Dry your hands and come here" Lyla scoots over to the other side of the couch from me and Kate, grabbing a book off a bookshelf before she does. Kirishima wipes his hands on his pants. Lyla rolls her eyes at him then says under her breath "who raised you to be so uncivilized?"

"What is it?" Kirishima sits between me and Lyla, Kate still on my other side. Lyla puts the large hardback book between me and my boyfriend. "Your high school year book?"

"It turns out you're more like us that we thought" Kate points to a picture "This is Margaret. After your mother and I had been dating for a year, we met Margaret our second year of high school. We thought she was the best and we all started hanging out together. We actually dated Margaret for the next year."

"You two?!?" Kirishima has wide eyes and can't seem to tear his gaze from the young woman his mothers were involved with. "You never told me."

"There wasn't really a good time to tell you. Her parents found out she was dating a girl, and freaked out. I don't know what they would have done if they had found out she was dating two girls." Lyla laughed sadly.

"What happened?" I asked, my journalist senses tingling, knowing there's more.

"She had to break up with us and her parents set her up on dates with another boy in our class. She was miserable, but she told us it was for the best to suffer a little now and then be free when she goes away for college." Kate chimes in.

"And did she?" I question, desperately wanting to see what Kate and Lyla looked like in high school, but not wanting to interrupt the story. I still can't believe that they were in a thruple.

"Unfortunately, she didn't" Lyla says softly, stroking the picture like she would stoke the cheek of her lover. I snap my head up to her, a question already on the tip of my tongue, but she answers it before it's asked. "She was murdered. Her boyfriend did it but he never got punished. His father took the blame. We didn't have enough to prove that he did it so the dad went to prison for the sins of his son. The son of a bitch is still out in society."

She flips a couple pages and points to the kid in question.

"No fucking way" I breath, looking down at the picture, then stand up, taking the book with me. I pace on the other side of the coffee table. "You're sure it's him? And you're positive that he murdered Margaret?"

"I'd give up cake if we were wrong" Kate says. That's all I need to hear. I saw Kate cry when I was a kid because she accidentally dropped her last slice of birthday cake on the ground outside as she watched me and Kirishima play.

"Do you know who it is?" Kirishima aks.

"Yes. And so do you." I turn the book to him so he can take a better look "obviously he's younger here and he's changed his last name, but it's definitely him."