Chapter 3 - Yrsa's POV

"I'll see you too later. Keep her safe for me," Lillie exclaims as she walks away.

I love the way Lil cares about me. She has always been the protective friend and I love her for it. I notice Bear almost studying her words. I trust him to keep me safe. I know I just met him, but there's something about him. I know he'd never do anything to hurt me.

I pack up my stuff and follow Bear to his motorcycle. He pulls out his helmet and puts it on me. It practically swallows my head. I notice a grin from Bear. I blush a little underneath the helmet.

"First things first, we're gonna stop and get you a helmet. My treat. If you want that is. Mine is fine for now, but we should both be wearing helmets," He says to me as he puts my chin strap in place.

A blush forms on my face again. A different one. The blush that happens when I start to slip into little space, but I can't right now. It's way too soon, but this action does give me some hope. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

"Oh, I can't ask you to do that. I do agree we both need to be wearing helmets, but I can pay for mine," I say as I adjust the helmet comfortably on my head.

"We'll see, but I'm not making any promises that I won't hand them my card first."

I give him a playful little scowl. He hops onto his bike and I follow behind him.

"Hold on tight," he tells me.

I wanted him to say "and never let go," but I can't want that. It's too soon. I always jump headfirst into these kinds of things. I don't wanna scare him off, especially with the whole little thing.

He starts up the motorcycle and I squeal a little and wrap my arms tighter around him. I feel him chuckle beneath my arms. He starts driving out of the parking lot and I point him into the direction of where town is. We ride for a little bit until Bear stops at a motorcycle shop just on the outskirts of town. He parks and we both hop off of the motorcycle. He unstraps his helmet from my head and takes it off for me.

"Do I have helmet hair," I ask him.

"You do, but it suits you. You'll have to get used to that part. It's unavoidable," he chuckles.

We walk into the shop and my eyes immediately lock onto a helmet. It's perfect. It's lilac, has flowers all over it, and it has a raccoon sticker on the side. It's like this helmet was made for me. Bear notices me looking at it and smiles.

"Is that the one you want," he asks sweetly.

I couldn't help but feel like he wanted to add "princess" to the end of that, but I could just be crazy. I'm reading way too much into this.

"It is, but like I told you before, I'm paying," I say as I cross my arms.

"Oh, sure you are," he says sarcastically.

I give him the meanest stink eye I could muster and he laughs. That is not the reaction I wanted. It's hard to be intimidating to a guy like that.

I go and grab the helmet and in the second I had my back turned, Bear is already talking to the cashier and handing him his card. I look at the price of the helmet. . . $135!!! He can't seriously be paying for this.

"Oh no ya don't, mister. I told you that I'm paying. Please, let me," I say as I give him the biggest puppy dog eyes.

I thought I had him for a split second, but he decides to throw puppy dog eyes right back at me.

"Ugh, fine! But I am paying for lunch."

"You got a deal."

I smile. I feel guilty for him spending that much money on a helmet for me. He must be pretty confident I'm gonna be riding his bike more often. At least I get to pay for lunch.

We go back out to his bike and he puts my helmet on for me again. I don't protest. I just blush underneath the helmet once again. Why is he being so sweet to me? Just like the way a Daddy would. I really think I'm going crazy here.

We ride all the way to this quaint little diner. We park on the other side of the street. We walk to the crosswalk and wait for our turn to go. I look down and Bear reaches to grab my hand but stops himself. He was gonna hold my hand while crossing the street?

There are a bunch of people with their dogs outside. I want to pet every single one of them. I feel Bear looking at me as I'm looking at the dogs.

"Do you wanna pet them," he asks me.

I advert my gaze at the dogs to look at him and I just nod.

"Well, go up and ask them. They seem like nice people. I'll get us a table while you do."

I walk up to the table of an elderly couple who have a beautiful husky sitting beside them.

"I'm so sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if I could pet your dog?"

"Oh, you're no bother, dear," the woman says to me. "Of course you can pet her. She's very sweet and friendly."

I hold out my hand and let the dog sniff. Her tail immediately starts wagging. I pet her and scratch behind her ears. I say thank you to the elderly couple and go back to meet Bear.

"I got us a table outside, so you can pet as many dogs as you want. As long as their owners are okay with it."

He did that for me? I'm definitely not going crazy. He's acting like a Daddy. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck. He is, for sure, a Daddy, but that doesn't mean he wants to be my Daddy. I should just get that thought out of my head. Why would he want to be with someone like me?