Chapter 26 - Bear's POV

Yrsa and I leave the party. I can't believe her ex just showed back up out of nowhere. I would've killed him if Yrsa wasn't there to hold me back. I probably looked like a psycho, beating his ass to a pulp in a fairy princess costume.

"I can't get a hold of Lillie," Yrsa says worriedly.

"I'm sure she's alright, baby. She's probably still getting ready."

"You don't understand. Lillie always answers. Even if she's getting railed, she'd still answer."

"Alright, that is definitely a mental image I did not need."

"This is serious, Bear. I'm calling my mom."

As Yrsa finishes her sentence, her phone starts to ring. I think it's Lillie, but I glance down and see it's her mom. Yrsa answers and puts it on speaker.

"Hey, mom, I was just about to call you. Have you heard from Lillie?"

"We're at the hospital. You need to come quick."

"Mom, what happened," Yrsa says frantically.

"I'll tell you when you get here. Please, just come to the hospital."

"Okay, we're on our way. I love you."

"I love you too, sweetheart. Be careful."

Yrsa hangs up the phone and starts crying. I grab her hand and hold it in mine. I hate seeing my baby all torn up. If that asshole put Lillie in the hospital, I will actually kill him. I have a few buddies I can call.

I stop at my apartment since it's on the way. I grab a change of clothes for me and Yrsa. I get back into her car and speed my way to the hospital. We finally find a parking spot and rush in through the emergency entrance.

"Do you have a Lillie Blackwell? She's my sister," Yrsa says to the nurse at the front desk.

"Let me check, sweetie," she says as she types something into the computer.

"She's in room 115. Down that hall and to the right," she says as she points.

"Thank you so much."

Yrsa and I run down the hallway. We knock on the door and Adelaide answers. It looks like she's been crying too.

"Mom, what happened," Yrsa questions.

"Here, sweetie, sit down."

Yrsa and I both sit on the bench outside of the door. I can tell she doesn't want Yrsa to see Lillie yet.

"Lillie isn't in great shape. She got beat badly. She has a few broken ribs, a broken arm, and a concussion. I don't know what happened, but she called me saying your ex's name over and over. I'm glad I knew where she was going, otherwise. . . Nevermind."

"'Otherwise' what, mom," Yrsa says in tears.

"She'd be dead," her mother says with a soft look.

Yrsa starts to sob again. Adelaide takes her into her arms. My blood is boiling. I knew that fucker had something to do with it. I want to call the guys, but I won't do it without Yrsa's approval.

After Yrsa calms down, we go in to see Lillie. Her whole body is bandaged up. The blood is showing through them just a bit. Her face is bruised and her arm is in a cast. It looks like somebody was trying to beat her to death.

Yrsa cries into my chest. Her whole body is shaking. I can tell she's just as angry as I am. She falls to the floor. Her breathing turns heavy. She's clutching at her chest. I get down to her level. I try to calm her down but nothing's working.

"Adelaide, can you get a nurse, please? She's about to pass out," I say, in a panic myself.

"I'll be quick, dear," she says before running out of the room.

I try to ground Yrsa and calm her down, but she can't seem to get focused. Yrsa's eyes start to blink rapidly as she tries to fight going unconscious.

"Yrsa, baby, stay with me. I'm right here. I got you," I say, more like plead.

Yrsa passes out into my arms. I hold her steady while I wait for her mother and a nurse to come back. I'm going to kill this bastard. I know Yrsa will protest like hell, but I can't just stand by and let him still have this kind of control.

"Bear! Bear, is she alright," Adelaide says as she rushes in with a nurse.

"I did what I could, but she passed out," I say to her and the nurse.

"I'll get a stretcher and have somebody move another bed in here. Ma'am, come with me to answer some medical questions, please."

The nurse and Adelaide leave once again. I hold Yrsa in my arms. I look at her face and feel that her body is so cold. God, this is my worst fucking nightmare. She looks. . . dead. She's so pale and lifeless. It breaks my fucking heart.

After about ten minutes, the nurse comes back in with a stretcher. Her and another nurse pick her up and place her on it. They wheel her out and say something about running tests. I hate that I can't be with her. She's going to wake up and not know where she is or who she's with. Hopefully, they'll let Adelaide be there.

A group of people come in after Yrsa is wheeled out and bring in another bed. I sit in one of the chairs and look over at Lillie. God, it makes me sick that he could even think to do something like this. Then again, I'm the one thinking about killing the mother fucker. Fuck it, I'm calling my boys.

I step out of the room and into the hallway. I dial the group call we have. Thankfully, all of them answer.

"Hey, Buddy. What's going on? How's America," Sniper asks.

"Hey, boys. Unfortunately, I don't really have time to catch up right now. Remember how we said each of us gets one special favor? Well, I need to cash mine in."

"What happened," Snake asks.

"So, I have a girl. Her ex decided to beat the shit out of her friend, almost to death, and then tried to come onto and slapped Yrsa at a party we were at."

"Does your girl know you called us," Colt asks.

"Not yet, she had a panic attack after seeing her friend in the hospital and passed out. The nures are running tests right now."

"Alright, we'll be on standby. You just say the word and we're there," Sniper says.

"Thanks boys."