Chapter 10 - Bear's POV

"Can you stay with me, Daddy?"

My eyes widen and my body stiffens. Did she say what I think she just said? Did she just call me Daddy? I couldn't be more happy right now. I'm also a little worried. I hope I didn't pressure her into saying that by calling her pet names. I don't want her thinking I'm trying to take advantage of the situation either.

"You don't have to call me that, Yrsa. I didn't mean to pressure you," I say to her, dropping her hand.

I notice her pout as I did so. It breaks my heart to see a pout on that sweet face.

"You didn't pwessure me," she stumbles over her words, slipping into little space.

"Are you sure? I didn't mean to overstep by calling you pet names all day. I'm not trying to take advantage of you being in a vulnerable state either. I promise."

"You didn't overstep or take advantage at all. I was hoping we'd get to this point. I just wasn't expecting it to be so soon, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing either," she says, getting more serious.

"Okay, let me ask you this. Do you want me to be your Daddy? You can say no if you really don't want me to be. Again, this is completely your choice. I want you to know that."

"I want you to be my Daddy. I'm being 100 percent truthful. I promise."

"Well then, baby girl, I'm yours. Now, scoot over and let Daddy hold you."

Yrsa scoots to one side of the bed. I lay down flat and pull her closer to me. She lays her head on my chest and rests her hand on my torso. I play with her hair and rub her back. I can feel her smile against my chest.

"Daddy," she says to me in the cutest little voice I've ever heard.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"I'm yours too."

The biggest smile grows on my face as I cuddle her tighter.

"Yes you are, my little goddess."

I see her blush and hide her face.

"Nuh uh, baby girl. Don't hide that pretty face from Daddy," I say as I pull her face from the hidey-hole she's made.

"Yes, Sir. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, princess. It's okay. Daddy just likes seeing you're beautiful face."

She blushes again and I stroke my thumb across her cheeks.

"Such a cutie," I say and boop her nose.

She boops me back and lays back down on my chest. I start rubbing her back again. She closes her eyes and brings her thumb up to her mouth. She starts sucking on her thumb. I smile, knowing my princess is happy. I'll get her a paci soon. I don't want her thumb getting sore.

Soon after, I hear soft snores come from Yrsa. I'm glad she's asleep again. My baby girl has had a rough day. I grab my phone and start looking at pacies for her. I stumble upon a pastel purple, cow print paci. I know she'd like it. My sweetie loves animals. I buy it and put my phone away.

I feel my eyes get heavy. I close them and hold Yrsa closer to me. I can't believe she's my little. I just want to get on the highest mountain and scream. She's mine. She's really mine.

-------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to a knock on Yrsa's door. I carefully take her thumb out of her mouth and look towards the door.

"Come in," I say, quietly.

Lillie comes through the door. She looks at Yrsa then at me. A smile appears on her face.

"I knew it. I knew this was gonna happen," she says in an excited whisper.

I chuckle at her reaction.

"Did you need something, Lil?"

"No, I just wanted to check on Yrsa and make sure she was okay. I see she's in good hands."

"Thank you. Do you and Adelaide need help with anything?"

"No, no. We're fine. I'm gonna get out of y'all's hair. Dinner will be ready soon, so I'll call you down in a bit."

"Okay, thanks."

"No problem."

Lillie leaves and goes back downstairs. I feel Yrsa stir beneath me. Shoot, her thumb! Her thumb looks red and sore. I would switch it, but two sore thumbs is worse than just one. I bring my thumb towards her mouth and she accepts. I smile at my sleepy girl.

Half an hour passes and I hear Lillie call from downstairs. I gently wake up Yrsa.

"Princess, wake up. It's dinner time," I say as I rub her shoulder.

Her eyes flutter open and she notices my thumb in her mouth.

"I'm so sorry. I don't know how that happened," she says in a panic.

"It's okay, baby. I did it. Your thumb was looking really sore, so I gave you mine. I hope that was okay."

"It was, Daddy. Thank you."

"Of course, princess. Lillie said dinner was ready. Are you hungry?"

"I am. Let's go downstairs."

"Okay, princess. Let's go."

I hold her hand as we go downstairs. She's still waking up. I don't want her to fall. Plus, I just wanted to hold her hand. We are greeted by Lillie and Yrsa's mom.

"Have a good nap, you two," Adelaide asks.

"Yes, ma'am. I hope that was okay," I say, nervously.

"Of course it was okay. Y'all are adults, not much I can do about that," she says with a smile.

I smile back and sit Yrsa down at the table.

"Do you want anything to drink, sweetie," I ask Yrsa.

"Some water with ice, please," she says, rubbing her tired eyes.

I get her some water with ice and set it down in front of her. She picks it up and drinks it.

"Good girl, drinking your water," I whisper to her.

She blushes harder than I've ever seen before. She's too adorable. I bring her a plate of food and one for myself. I help set the table, and we all sit down to eat.

I smile and look around at these kind people. They accepted me and practically took me in after one day of knowing me. I can tell they already care about me. I'm happy I found Yrsa. Really, she found me, but I'm glad she did. I'm the happiest I've ever been.