Chapter 8 - Bear's POV

I wake up and get ready for my day. I want to look good for Yrsa today. I know our lunch thing isn't a date, but I still want to dress nice. I hop in the shower and make sure to use my good soap. I hope Yrsa will like the smell of it. I get out of the shower and go to my closet. I pick out a nice, light blue dress shirt and put that on. Then, I put on some boxers and black jeans. I grab some socks and put those on as well.

I spot my comfy, gray hoodie out of the corner of my eye. It's soft on the inside and I like wearing it every now and then. It's big on me, I could just imagine it swallowing Yrsa. The idea hits me. I grab the hoodie and spray some of my cologne on it. I don't know if she'll accept it, but I hope she does.

I go into the kitchen and cook some breakfast. I make some toast and put eggs on top. I decide to make some porridge as well. I sit down and eat my breakfast. I wish I had Yrsa to share these mornings with. I'd wake her up with breakfast in bed some mornings or cook with her. Her little giggle would fill up the apartment and make my heart warm.

I grab my hoodie and put it in my book bag. I put on my shoes and grab my helmet. I lock my door and go down to my motorcycle. I head to school. Once I'm there, I notice Yrsa and Lillie on the ground. Yrsa's crying? Why is my baby crying? What happened? I run up to Lillie.

"What's going on? Is she okay," I ask Lillie, my voice slightly trembling.

"I don't know what happened. She started having a panic attack all of a sudden. I'm trying to help her, but she can't move," she says, her voice shaking."

I pick up Yrsa. I hold her against my chest and start walking her to the nurse's office, with some help from Lillie. I instantly go into Daddy space with Yrsa against my chest.

"Don't worry, baby girl. I got you. Daddy's got you. It's all going to be okay," I whisper softly in Yrsa's ear.

Lillie and I get into the nurse's office. The nurse sees Yrsa in my arms and she immediately jumps up to help.

"What happened? Is she hurt? Do we need to call an ambulance," the nurse asks us, practically speaking a thousand words a minute.

"She's not hurt, but she started having a panic attack in the hallway. She couldn't move, so Bear picked her up and brought her here," Lillie says, eyes darting from the nurse to Yrsa.

"Okay, Bear, set her down on the bed over there. I'm gonna ask you to step out for a moment. I need to ask Lillie some confidential questions," the nurse says to me.

I don't want to leave my baby girl. What if she needs me? It'll just be for a minute, I hope. I grab my hoodie out of my bag and put it on Yrsa. She immediately hugs herself as she's still trembling. I nod to the nurse and go into the waiting room. She closes the door behind me. I sit down and my leg starts bouncing like crazy. My eyes are fixed on the door. I'm going in as soon as it opens. I need to be with her. It breaks my heart to see her so torn up.

I wait for about ten minutes until the door opens again. The nurse waves me in and puts her finger on her lips to tell me to come in quietly. I'm immediately out of my seat and heading to my princess. I come in quietly and see Yrsa asleep in my hoodie. I take a seat next to her and start stroking her hair. She looks so cute when she sleeps.

Lillie is sitting in here too. She keeps looking at Yrsa with a worried look in her eyes. I feel like I am too, but I can't be too sure. All I'm fixed on is comforting her. I want her to wake up, but I know she needs her rest. I just want to talk to her about what happened and let her know I'll always be here for her.

"Her mom has been called and she said she's on the way," the nurse says in a whisper.

"Thank you," Lillie whispers back.

All I can do is look at Yrsa. I don't want to overwhelm her, but all I want to do is comfort her and be there for her. She's my princess. I have to do whatever I can for her.

I sit with Yrsa in silence, still stroking her hair. Her mom comes into the office and looks at Yrsa. I knew it was my time to back away and let her mom do what she needed to do. Yrsa stirs in her sleep as soon as I move. I let her mom have the chair. Her mom goes back to doing what I was doing and Yrsa stops moving.

"How long has she been like this," her mom asks me.

"About thirty minutes. I was just letting her rest until you got here," I say.

"Thank you, Bear. Thank you for taking care of my daughter. Thank you too, Lillie."

She directs her gaze back towards Yrsa. She keeps stroking her hair until Yrsa wakes up. Yrsa immediately smells the sweatshirt and looks at me. I nod and look at her mom so Yrsa focuses her attention to her.

"Oh sweetie, I'm so glad you're okay."

Her mom hugs her and starts to tear up.

"Thanks for coming, mom. I don't know what happened. I was doing fine," Yrsa says and starts to tear up again.

"It's okay, honey. You can tell me about it when you're ready. We're gonna go home so you can rest and be comfortable."

"Okay, mom. Thank you."

"Bear, you can come too if you'd like. Just follow me or Lillie back to the house."

"Thank you, ma'am. Yrsa, do you need help getting to the car. Do you think you're okay to move," I ask in a concerning tone.

"I think I'm okay," she says as she tries to stand up.

She immediately falls back down onto the bed. She's exhausted. I knew she would be, but I'm proud of her for trying.

"I'll carry you back to the car if you want."

"Yes, please."

I scoop Yrsa up in my arms and take her to the car as her mother and Lillie follow. Yrsa's mom directs me to the car and I set her down, gently, in the passenger seat. I buckle her up and make sure it's not too tight on her.

"Do you need anything else?"

"No, I'm okay. Thank you. Do you want your hoodie back?"

"No, it's okay. If it's helping you, you can keep it."

She gives me a frail smile and nods. I close the door and head back to my motorcycle. I follow Yrsa's mom to the house and Lillie follows behind me. I just hope my little princess is going to be okay.