one.

DAY ONE

"[Y/N]!" a voice booms the moment you enter the Cafékery, Jeongin racing to you happily, "Thank goodness you're here! Mina's sick and Sungjoon's running late!" You stare quizzically at him, confused as to what that had to do with you. Jeongin's head tilts. "Don't you know what today is?"

You scratch your head, puckering your lips and shaking your head. "No...?"

The young baker sighs, "It's the first day of the Bake-Offs. Y'know, like it is every year?"

Your eyes widen in realization, because you had been planning for this a week prior, and somehow you managed to completely forget about it. Smacking your head, you snap your gaze to Jeongin. "Wait, what does that have to do with me? I'm not even a baker anymore..." you trail off, your eyes saddening at the reminder.

Jeongin cocks his head to the side, "What do you mean? Your name's on the list and they've been waiting for you for thirty minutes. Even Felix is waiting for you."

Your ears perk at that, confusion and excitement flooding your veins at the same time. You were going to participate in the Bake-Offs, your favorite event of the year—not counting holidays—and you may have kept your position as a baker. The thought brings a small smile to your lips, and you quickly make your way over to the small crowd of bakers.

Minho greets you, "You made it! Thank goodness, please tell Cookie Crumbs over there to chill out," jabbing his thumb in the direction of Felix.

You chuckle at the nickname, pulling Felix's attention from Seungmin and directing it to you, a scowl on his lips that almost makes you want to shrink. You see Seungmin whisper something to him, making him roll his eyes as he approaches you. "So, we need you to fill in for some bakers today. Are you in?"

His words are casual and had they been said by someone who wasn't currently out to get you, they would've come across as calm. But since this is Felix, he growls them at you, a slight mumble in his words from his grit teeth. Put off by his still negative attitude—seriously, what could you have possibly done—you decide to irk him. "I don't know, you don't seem to want me up here..."

He glares at you, putting on his sickly fake calm expression, "[Y/N], would you forgive me for yesterday's events and help us with the Bake-offs?" His tone drips with passive aggression, and you're almost surprised how fake it sounds.

You agree, sighing because he didn't look in the mood for your antics, and you weren't up for his anger or outbursts. "Yeah, fine."

He smiles dangerously at you. "Thank you." The words somehow manage to sound mean, sarcastic, and even a bit genuine all at the same time. It's startling to know that this stranger was once your "one and only". You wish you could smack young you and convince her to never allow Lee Felix and his perfect freckled cheeks, beautiful smile, and round, big eyes into her heart.

You all hop into the Cafékery's food macaroon yellow truck—or as the side read, "Yellow Wood on Wheels!"—and your delivery Priuses, packed in with baking supplies (not including ingredients), attire, and whatever else you might need, driving off to the park that held the annual event. The perfectly trimmed bushes surround the park in a maze fashion. The tables get set up in a uniform fashion, all facing the stage, with an outdoor oven, sink, fridge and freezer about six feet behind it. The sun's not too hot, but you'd be lying if you said it was enjoyably hot.

Seeing the lineup, your favorite competitors smiling from their booths, you felt the nostalgia of when you and Felix were together. Quickly, you shake it off, not wanting to feed into the feeling and give it power. You couldn't fall back in love with Felix—not that you ever really fell out, but that wasn't important.

You anxiously tap your hands, waiting, and in ten more minutes of preparation, the competition was on.

a/n: I see you stuck around for part two, thank you! I know this part must seem short compared to the first/"zero.", but the next chapter is longer! However, later down the line there are a few other slightly short chapters :/. Nevermind that, please let me know your thoughts in the comments and leave a vote if you enjoyed! Have a great day/night everyone!